Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the craigslist listing.

2012 Info : Archery or crossbow hunts only (125 inch min)
Central ohio bow hunt: $2995 (pick your own 5 days from Oct-22-Nov23)
You will be staying at a holiday inn express in Reynoldsburg, ohio . This hotel is in walking distance of gander mountain , Walmart, etc , and is within 15 mins of our hunting ground . We will be hunting in Reynoldsburg,Pickerington ,and baltimore areas of ohio. This area is famous for multiple deer scoring into Boone and Crockett record books. We will be hunting mostly urban deer that have reached maturity through local farms being turned into sub divisions we have the grounds leased for the first time ever, and all other land in this area is controlled by the pro tv hunters . This is a different hunt that most people are not used to hunting,But if killing a monster is on your list than this is where you can have the highest chance of filling your tag on a ohio giant. This hunt is semi guided with all lodging , meals , transportation and archery range included.

pics on the left top and bottom are from central ohio
Southern ohio bow hunt: $1995 (pick your own 5 days from Oct-22-Nov23)
This hunt takes place in Meigs and Galia county ohio ,about 2 hours south east of columbus. Here you will be staying in a log cabin in the middle of the woods that is one of the most peaceful places you'll ever find. The deer in this region are plentiful in the 130-140 inch range. The areas hold a few deer in the 150-160 class but are few and fare between. We recommend this hunt for the hunter looking to kill a pope and young not a Booner . This area of ohio is as rural as they come very few cell phones work except At&t and the nearest town with supplies is 45 mins. Our lodge is fully stocked with everything you will need during your stay though .All lodging, meals,transportation and archery range are included .

2 pics in the middle are from southern ohio
Central ohio bow hunt "no lodging or food": $1750
This is the same hunt as above minus lodging and food. We understand some people like to eat what they want and sleep where they want ,so we are offering a hunt at a reduced rate . This hunt will allow you to pick your own dates from oct 22-nov 23.

Travel by Air
Airport is in columbus ohio the code is (cmh) you will need to fly in on the saturday before your hunt and fly out on sat night or sunday after your hunt

NOTE: Southern ohio hunts will stay in columbus saturday night and well drive down to camp on sunday morning ,pack a day pack for this night to avoided packing and unpacking your luggage.

Travel by road

3205 E. Dublin-Granville rd

Cols ohio.43231

Licences

Ohio is over the counter or [email protected] www.ohiodnr.com

Non resident annual hunting lic= $125

Deer tag = $24

Ohio requires a hunter safety card from any state or a 21 year old or older with a old hunting licenses from any state

you can refer to the web site i listed above

Notice to all hunters
This is a fair chase hunt on wild ohio whitetails , We have done our work patterning these bucks, but things happen in the wild that we can't control. You can expect to hunt from the best stands for the best winds. With pictures to document whitetail movement. That's our guarantee .

"The only certainty in hunting a mature whitetail is it's uncertainty"

S.ward

Recent News

The Whitetail Gods
December 1,2011

4:25 p.m The moon is ...

By admin
Kentucky Velvet!
October 16,2011

Could a man be any ...

By admin

·
Registered
152 Posts
it's very real, I know of a group that does something just like this in Wayne County on a property next to one I hunt on. The funny thing is these idiots dont know the first thing about QDM. they hunt only bucks its nothing to see over 100 deer with only 3 or 4 bucks I wish ODNR would come in & close the whole area down for 2 years to doe only

·
Registered
168 Posts
Beware

Pretty sure S Ward is Stacy Ward from Hadley Creek Outfitters in Il. If its that guy you better keep your hand on you wallet and back away slowly. That guy would steal a nickel from his grandmother.

·
22,521 Posts
Pretty sure S Ward is Stacy Ward from Hadley Creek Outfitters in Il. If its that guy you better keep your hand on you wallet and back away slowly. That guy would steal a nickel from his grandmother.
Not quite sure it would be the same person- Here's their website and it's at a much higher level(Professionally Produced) then craigslist. I would think they would be pushing it pretty hard from their own website vs. the free craiglist(for their reputation sake)-but you never know I guess.

http://hadleycreek.com/

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
It should say Money from dummies
i agree...if its just bucks theyre after from 125 up...i wouldnt be paying a penny...hundreds are killing these for free on public and private and not paying a dime for them...i see 10 to twenty each year just from around the area i hunt...if a guy gets out there and stays awhile...you will see at least one buck that fits that discription...the challenge then is up to you to figure out how to get it into range...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
mr chopiq

mr chopiq . i dont know why you would come on here and call me a joke. i am a hard working man that served his country through good and bad and you come on here and say i am a joke. . i work very hard at what i do . i provide the best fair chase hunt money can buy, you see mr chopiq there are people out there who are not as blessed as you are with land and knowledge of ohio whitetails. There are people in this world who don't know anybody from ohio that want to hunt and only have 5 days to do it and they pay me to find ohio trophy class bucks and land for them to hunt. I started my outfit after traveling to illinois and be had for 4k only to see a bunch of young deer and teach my guide how to enter stand sites. My prices are what they are and i have huge deer quit being jealous . You'll spend more money in fuel this year finding a mature deer to hunt , than my clients hunting with me, eating juicy steaks every night , passing 140-150 inch deer daily, on a fair chase ohio bow hunt. The link you posted wasn't the craigslist posting. My offer was to columbus residents that don't have time to scout or have land can pick 5 days to hunt for 1750. any 5 days .If they want 5 saturdays than they can have 5 saturdays. the hunters that live hear in central ohio that only have certain days they can hunt and i will accommodate them. show me one outfitter with the quality of deer and flexible terms like this . Theres only one .And no I'm not stacy from pike county il . So please help me understand how i am a joke. as far as QdM goes i think i have it figured out. If you seen my site you'll understand! Sometimes you need to know what your talking about to make sense.... mr chopiq

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Sometimes you need to formulate your ideas into complete sentences for other people to understand. I think there are more people than just the OP calling you a joke and your customers suckers.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
He asked if it was for real- meaning-do folks really pay that much to hunt in Ohio? Nothing about you being a joke.
Lighten up guy, you got quite the raquet going on. All this woulda been long forgotten if you didn't bring it back up. Prepare for more folks who don't like leasing....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its all good the guy posted something that wasn't correct ,he must work for nbc network where its ok to say whatever you think is true and not back it up with facts , people like this guy is why our country is where its at today "DIVIDED ".. he took pieces of my web site and said i posted it on craigslist . this was a untrue statement and im calling him out on it before i go back to work. thanks for looking out

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I don't agree with people coming in anywhere and capitalizing on what a state has accomplished for their personal gain. In the long run it hurts the true honest hunters. It makes land harder to acquire and drives prices up on everything. So get a 9-5 like everyone else is my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't agree with people coming in anywhere and capitalizing on what a state has accomplished for their personal gain. In the long run it hurts the true honest hunters. It makes land harder to acquire and drives prices up on everything. So get a 9-5 like everyone else is my opinion.
Yes i agree . The landowner has never allowed hunting ever and is only doing so because I am guiding wounded veterans for free on their property. No moneys exchanged just good deeds to strangers who fought for us and keep us free. 1 vet =1 paid hunter thats the deal and they agreed .

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yes i agree . The landowner has never allowed hunting ever and is only doing so because I am guiding wounded veterans for free on their property. No moneys exchanged just good deeds to strangers who fought for us and keep us free. 1 vet =1 paid hunter thats the deal and they agreed .
What do you mean you agree? Youre the one he is talking about! This state has accomplished great hunting through good management and funding, both on the states and the hunters part, and you are exploiting it just to make a dollar. Guys who go out and work for their deer and put the proper time and energy into it look at guys who do what you do and shake their heads in disgust. You are selling the resource that we as an entire state are providing the funds to manage and not giving a thing back to the state or other hunters. You dont pay outfitter fees, you arent sponsored and you dont have any type of license or credential. Any schmuck can do what you are doing....far cry from an outfitter. A fancy website doesnt say jack. I find it very hard to believe anybody is passing 140-150 inch deer daily, let alone shooting them. If Jericho wants to clarify and say the OP isnt calling you a joke, fine, I absolutely am. You are selling a resource I pay and work to protect and not giving back in any way.

And dont try to hide behind the 'taking disabled vets hunting' crock, I happen to be one and find it offensive that you try to use that as way of gaining support.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Your offer was to Columbus residents? Who would fly into Columbus that already lives there?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Im not an Ohio resident but I try and stand up for what is right and defend hunting as a whole. I may not be your neighbor but I'll stand toe to toe with you guys on this matter. I love Ohio deer hunting for what the state has accomplished along with farmers. Hunting is going by the way side just because the ole mighty dollar. What makes it worse is that there is always gonna be people that pay whatever amount it is. I'll continue to pay my license and tags fees even though I haven't harvested a deer in Ohio yet. These under the radar sub- leasees will continue to rack in thousands for nothing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts