Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally some good news about the possibility of reducing government spending substantially. Having already seen my health insurance premiums go up by 30% because of Obamacare, I am looking forward to the final decision.

Supreme Court divided over health care mandate

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/scotus-health-care/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

The fate of the individual mandate -- requiring most Americans to purchase health insurance by 2014 or face a financial penalty -- may be in jeopardy, and perhaps with it the entire law's other 450 or so sections, based on tough questions of the government by the court's conservative majority.

Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's senior legal analyst, said questions asked at oral arguments often show how justices are thinking, and based on what he heard Tuesday, the health care reform law could be in "grave danger."

Kennedy, who is considered the swing vote on the divided court, asked tough questions about the mandate and appeared likely to oppose its constitutionality, Toobin said, meaning that the usually conservative Roberts may be the best hope of liberals for the law to be upheld.

"I don't know if they have a fifth vote," Toobin said. "I think Kennedy is a lost cause after listening to his comments."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts