Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
why can somebody come over to the bowfishing forum with a opinion on bow fishing, and that opinion has no fact or first hand knowledge about it ,and start a heated debate. but when we defend our sport and pasttime, non bowfishing members of ohio sporsman including moderators will come over to the bowfishing side to fuel the fire , how many times has a bowfisherman jumped on someone elses sport . none that i have been able to read of in the forums. so why is it it keeps on hapening over and over , and about the moderator , why cant we have a moderator of our owne . just have desperado be the moderator of the bow fishing forum, that way when a non bowfisherman comes over starting crap , the moderator can tell him to take a hike, that way we can keep some peace in here . the name of this web site is ohio sportsman, not pi$$ed off sportsman, i am not blameless ,i get sucked right in every time then i end up wanting to take back the harshness of my words , i joyned this cite because i wanted to chat with and learn some things from my fellow sportsman , but when all the judgemental opinions start flying around it makes it pretty sad, COME ON GUYS LETS HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER IN HERE. it all comes down to one thing ,we all love the great out doors , if its fishing, hunting , or what ever your pleasure is , so let a man have his sport, we let every body else have theres without hasle:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Moderators

i think moderators should just moderate, they are supposed to be non-biased. i can see where in certain situations a moderator has infringed on the rules but nothing is done about that without pointing any fingers. certain threads should be assigned a moderator but he can't respond, he only moderates the thread. but they are still free to post on other threads, just not the one there moderating. yea just let that bowfish moderator stay in bowfish, how can i become a moderator ? i want to moderate the moderators. also thats why they call it forums it's open for everyone, but it should be just like i said before. as far as jumping in somewhere, i thought it was like this if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
cw...everyone desrves their say,not just you...the topic let everybuddy have their say as should be,then it was closed as should be...everybuddy just repeats theirself after awhile and thats time to close the topic...need to be fair to all,his point is felt by many hunters and fishers as is baiting bears...and this is a topic that probably should be closed after we expressed our OPINIONS...maybe there should be a rule on hot topics ...one post per member and give it your best shot...that topic was handled perfect and on the bowsite it would make 1000 posts with everybuddy posting 100 times saying the same thing,completely handling it in the worst way

·
Registered
197 Posts
i guess what i am trying to say is lets have some common respect in here for one another , and with out trashing one another. your probally right george this should be closed now. i did not right this to heat things up again , every day i learn something new thanks george.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Well said guys. we do need to move on.;)

·
Administrator
5,399 Posts
Who would you guys propose making the moderator of the bowfishing forum?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Desperado would be my vote:Or at least some one that bowfishes them self

·
Registered
175 Posts
Desperado is the man for the job

I think he is the best choice. I also agree that in a heated debate, the moderator should keep his trap shut-it just adds to the fire.

George is right as well-this happens every few months, on every forum/website that I have seen. That's why I didn't post a single comment this time. It doesn't do any good.

As long as bucktail, flathunter, or whoever is not out on the water harrassing me as I cap some carp, I'm not gonna let them(or their opinions) bother me. Now, if you'll excuse me....I'm gonna finish a few more arrows-it's almost time! :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
sorry that aint my department

as ben johnson used to say in the ft apache movie with john wayne, that aint my department. :D i say let steve decide since he is administrator, i believe we can trust his judgement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Desperado is the man for the job

Originally posted by LookMa-NoHands!
I think he is the best choice. I also agree that in a heated debate, the moderator should keep his trap shut-it just adds to the fire.

As long as bucktail, flathunter, or whoever is not out on the water harrassing me as I cap some carp, I'm not gonna let them(or their opinions) bother me.
now isnt that finger pointing ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
First of all, Steve ASKED us who WE think should be the moderator. I'm giving my input. Case closed.

As far as pointing the finger, I don't see what your point is. If you want me to point a finger, I will. But it won't be my index finger!

Let the bodies hit the floor..........

:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my vote is for desperado , in every heated debate he is one of the few that keeps his cool and is fair and not judemental, he is a bow fisherman and he seems to be an all around good sportsman i yet to see him atack some one because of the sport they choose, and he is always active in the forums with helping advice. STEVE can we have a vote on it, or do a poll?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys,
Hope you allow me to voice my opinion. I'm not from Ohio, but being an avid bowfisher, I thought I might give my .02 worth. (the moderator poll was closed so that's why I'm posting it in this post)

To Bucktail,
Not sure what you're hidden agenda is, but it's obvious to me you're trying to start an argument by passing on your views and beliefs as facts. It's won't work with us. We've been down this road so many times it's not funny. The fact remains this. Yes the possibility of shooting large numbers of fish is there and does happen. Literally tons of fish can be shot during a weekend tournament. But if bowfishing and harvesting such a large number of fish were so detrimental to the ecosystem and to the species, why are we allowed to do so? Why does the Fish and Game departments ask us how they can put on a tournament because they need help in controlling the numbers? Carp themselves spawn in such numbers, that they've become more of a nuisance than a benefit. Carp are quickly becoming the thorn in the F&G's side.

Or is it really the fact you just don't like bowfishing so you thought you could come in here and basically accuse us of being "unethical"? Whatever the reason is for you to come in here and cause problems, I don't care. But as long as bowfishing is legal, I'll continue to do so. And if ever my right to bowfish is threatened, I'll defend it. If you have such heartburn about bowfishing or the numbers of fish that can be harvested, we're not the ones to be complaining to. That's something for your Fish and Game department to handle. But I would almost guarantee your plea will fall on deaf ears.

You'll never hear about a bowfisher going to another forum complaining about how we feel using rod and reel is "unethical" or a waste of time or too easy. Never. But it's always the perchjerkers who come to the bowfishing forums trying to pass off their beliefs and opinions as fact. Quit it. It shouldn't matter to you or anyone else what we're doing as long as it's legal and we're not breaking any laws. Like I said, if you have problems with bowfishing, take it to the people who make the rules but you better have the facts with you to support your view because we will.

To the others,
I've never met Desperado personally, but I've talked to him on several occasions on other bowfishing forums and I think he'd make a great moderator. Since this is your forum, I'm not going to vote, but if I did, it would be for Des.

And one last moment on the soapbox then I'll get out of here. Guys like Bucktail and Flathunter aren't pro-bowfishing (yes, it's that obvious). So when guys like them come to your forum and try to start something, ignore them. They're primary intention is to come here saying bowfishing is "useless slaughter" (a term I've heard used to describe bowfishing) only to start some sort of heated debate. And usually they have no knowledge whatsoever on the sport. Like I said, they're momma told them bowfishing is the devil so that's what they believe. There's nothing we can say to change their mind. Nor is there anything they can say to change ours. We know the facts of this sport.

Ok. Off the soapbox and time to get to work. Good luck this season and I hope to cross paths with you one of these days.

Bowfishing: This ain't your momma's catch and release!!
Jump

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Very good response jumper ,welcome aboard

·
Administrator
5,399 Posts
Desperato is now the moderator!!!!

·
Administrator
5,399 Posts
BTW, bucktail will no longer be making posts on this forum.

·
Registered
586 Posts
make that 2 good moves.i think desperado will do fine.i've talked with him quite a bit and fished with him in the past,before either of us ever joined this site.he can be outspoken at times (like myself),but i think,being an all around fisherman(bow&rod/reel)he can be objective,and not show bias just because he bowfishes.he's kinda like me.basically a easy goin' fat fisherman who loves the outdoors:D ;) had to get that in,clarence.
well,at least you're not old and broke down like me:eek: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts