Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a big heavy set of antlers that i can use to rattle this year. I have a $25 basspro giftcard for trade. Want real antlers or id buy one of the fake calls. Havent had much luck with those.lemme know

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Im looking for a big heavy set of antlers that i can use to rattle this year. I have a $25 basspro giftcard for trade. Want real antlers or id buy one of the fake calls. Havent had much luck with those.lemme know
You will need to up the ANTE. I don't think anybody will part with a set of heavy sheds for 25 bucks. $250 maybe ! Of course if you find someone pen raising deer they might sell , but most of them display there trophy genetically superior bucks year to year for selling purposes. It's worth a try.. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You don't want a heavy set to rattle with you want a set that has long tines so u can tick them together you don't want that heavy sound. And I have a lot of sheds but would never part with a good set for 25.00 go on eBay and c what u can find for 25.00
(BTW cut off the brow tines and save your thums)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You don't want a heavy set to rattle with you want a set that has long tines so u can tick them together you don't want that heavy sound. And I have a lot of sheds but would never part with a good set for 25.00 go on eBay and c what u can find for 25.00
(BTW cut off the brow tines and save your thums)

I second to brow tines statement. I warped trail making tape around the bases to tip off any hunters that you don't know is around that you are not a deer. But yea if you can find sheds from a 2.5 120" deer works best. Not to big of a sound to run off smaller buck but small enough to bring in a bigger deer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts