Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose had them or who uses them. I just ordered one today. I currently have TRU-GLO 5 pin sight. Whats your opinion of this 1 pin sight?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Whose had them or who uses them. I just ordered one today. I currently have TRU-GLO 5 pin sight. Whats your opinion of this 1 pin sight?

Thanks
I've never shot a one pin but I have a tru glow 3pin and absolutely love it. You should stick with tru glow

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've never shot a one pin but I have a tru glow 3pin and absolutely love it. You should stick with tru glow

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors
I have a five pin on my pse bow madness and love it really would you have time to adjust the elevation if the big buck come into play and all you have a couple of seconds to react less movement less he is going to notice you.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I shoot an HHA and love it. I do not have an amazing vision so shooting one pin is much easier then trying to look through multiple pins.

I have mine shot in to where I have it set at 25 yards, I can shoot out to 35 yards with that, and down to 2 yard with that setting. I will not shoot at a whitetail at more then 32 yards, just my own opinion. I hope you enjoy the site, I think its the best choice I have ever made.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've shot hha for yrs. with todays bows being so fast it's better with one pin. The speeds of the new bows bunch the 3-5 pins so close together they blurr as one. I can shoot 20-40yds without adjusting my slide for my pin. I just aim 2" high at 40 and it's dead on. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I've shot hha for yrs. with todays bows being so fast it's better with one pin. The speeds of the new bows bunch the 3-5 pins so close together they blurr as one. I can shoot 20-40yds without adjusting my slide for my pin. I just aim 2" high at 40 and it's dead on. Good luck.
Everybody I know that shoot one pins absolutely love them, and nobody adjusts them unless they shooting beyond 45-50 yards.

·
5,040 Posts
I had a Cobra single pin and really liked it. Been shooting Black Golds for a number of years now, just like their brightness in low light situations. I've heard they now have a single pin so I may be doing some checking.... Like others have said with todays faster bows a single pin can easily cover from 0-35 yards. For most whitetail hunting that's more than adequate. If you are looking more at 3D or long range shooting, 40+ yards I'd stick with multiple pins

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
One pin....no adjustment. Aiming spots are bottom of chest, mid chest and back which correspond to know yardages from practicing. Simple and quick for a spur of the moment shot. :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I shoot a multi-pin head on a slider frame..3 pins for hunting out to say 50yrds and the slider is set to the bottom pin,for off season long range shooting..I use copper john Mark series sights...

·
Banned
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some good points made thanks. I plan on sighting it in at 25 yards. For the most part 25 yards is good when your in the timber. I really only have couple concerns. One being when Im hunting field edges I have shot opportunitys up to 50 to 60 yards. I killed my 2009 buck at 48 yards. The other is trying to adjust it if i do get buck at 40 and my pin is set at 25. Other than that I have heard great things about a one pin sight.

For me I wear contacts and seems when light gets dim my pins begin to blur on me. I am hoping this will clear that up. I shoot the bear truth with carbon express maxima hunter arrows. Tipped with 100 grain rage. Its a quick bow but not as fast as the bows from the last couple year. Its fast enough to where the 5 pin sights were so bunched up and I think that contributed to the blurry sights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts