Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I admittedly poached a turkey at approximately 0700. My weapon was a 2.5 liter propelled blunt tip hunk of aluminum traveling at about 100 feet per second. I have never hunted turkey and this is the first year that I intend to go. I've bought my tags already and all the gear I need... And then, in a rare twist of irony I clobbered a hen on route 11. First time I've killed an animal with a vehicle in my 10 years of driving.

I can't get over the irony. I've never hunted turkeys and never really had an interest until the past couple years. I have rarely seen turkeys the last 10 years and recently I have spent about every spare hour reading about turkey hunting and watching videos. And then I smack one randomly.

Any style points for this turkey comp?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ha! You seem to be a magnet for the critters. Any interest in joining me in a few weeks? My current decoys seem to be ineffective. I'd even give you a lift in the back of my turkey vest.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The poached word was for shock value. Never actually "poached" an animal. And no it is not in the freezer. Couldn't find the girl. As I was pulling off I saw her flying around but in no particular direction obviously wounded. When I went to look, there was evidence but no turkey. I figure she made it into the private property next to the highway.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Lol any damage to ur weapon? i saw a old corvette convertable last year smoke a big tom. nearly totalled the vett. stopped to check on the guy and he had chunks of bone in his face from the bird. it was a funny sight though. the turkey just exploded....feathers 50 feet in the air. as far as the p word...the guys new. once he meets a few game wardens hell be afraid to poach an egg for breakfast!
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol any damage to ur weapon? i saw a old corvette convertable last year smoke a big tom. nearly totalled the vett. stopped to check on the guy and he had chunks of bone in his face from the bird. it was a funny sight though. the turkey just exploded....feathers 50 feet in the air. as far as the p word...the guys new. once he meets a few game wardens hell be afraid to poach an egg for breakfast!
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0
No, the weapons fine.... Just some feathers. The weapon was government issued so I wasn't too concerned about it. lol. I was more concerned with the bird.

As far as the P word...I guess I wasn't aware it was such a hot button word even as a joke. Maybe there should be a thread on "no no" words, like Abortion, obamacare, golf, and Mich*gan. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
No, the weapons fine.... Just some feathers. The weapon was government issued so I wasn't too concerned about it. lol. I was more concerned with the bird.

As far as the P word...I guess I wasn't aware it was such a hot button word even as a joke. Maybe there should be a thread on "no no" words, like Abortion, obamacare, golf, and Mich*gan. :biggrin:
Good idea! here's a list of the one's I know not to say (although i do sometimes)

1. Lease
2. Tonk
3. Bait (if coonies around)
4. Poached
5. anything political
6. any deer over 200"
7. anyone else got anything to add?

·
22,521 Posts

Your going to fit right in, even though your a government employee:D

I do have one concern, seeing that the "weapon" was "Government" owned --repairing it will come out of our taxpayer pockets!:biggrin: :whistle:

NO-NO words expanded-

Michigan-
UM-
Maize and Blue-
Wolverines

Words you can use--:biggrin:

School up North
nagihciM
Black and Blue
Wusserines
What's that smell

I think you have the idea.......it's important we train you right early on.:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do have one concern, seeing that the "weapon" was "Government" owned --repairing it will come out of our taxpayer pockets!:biggrin: :whistle:
It wouldn't come out of anyone's pocket. We have no money anymore. They'd say "Does it still run" and I'd say yes and then they'd say "then why did you call us?". :D

·
22,521 Posts
It wouldn't come out of anyone's pocket. We have no money anymore. They'd say "Does it still run" and I'd say yes and then they'd say "then why did you call us?". :D
You can borrow the money-we can handle some more debt :shhh::biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts