Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm trying to secure some land in Hunting Valley in Cuyahoga county. For those of you who don't know it's a pretty wealthy area with some nice freaking woods and I can't imagine anyone hunting in the area because it is a pretty high class area. Basically there was talk about lowering the requirements to deer hunt from 10 to 5 acres for bowhunting. I have read the codes, but I am having trouble interpreting them. From what I can tell, I would have to go to the Chief of Police and get a permit from them. I am not sure if they are only available for landowners or not, so if anyone else can give me their interpretation of the law that would be great, as well as if anyone has heard any more news about Hunting Valley's hunting regulations. Thanks.

http://www.conwaygreene.com/HuntingValley/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&2.0

http://gantdaily.com/2011/10/03/proposal-limiting-deer-hunt-in-hunting-valley-oh-leads-to-debate/

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Good luck. the municipality probably has a part time law director or city attorney who is probably the one person who knows the intent of the written laws.

Myself, I dont even want to bow hunt a 5 or 10 acre plot due to the hassle of a deer dying on an adjacent property or having a wounded deer cross a busy street, causing an accident. You run the risk of your tree stands being stolen by neighbors who object to hunting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
you do not need to be a landowner to hunt. I think you need to go talk to the police chief and then if there is an open landowner they will placeyou in touch with that landowner. I have a friend at work that hunts in Hunting Valley.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I hunt on a bunch smaller properties that are 10-12 acres and I haven't had any trouble, but I imagine it could become a problem at some point, and I use a climber because I bounce around a lot, so I'm not too worried about that. I have a buddy that actually lives in Hunting Valley, so I was going to go on his land, but I wanted to make sure I am aware of the laws before I start doing anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.