Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
First of all I do know I can't kill a turkey while at home or working . LOL . I can hunt southern Ohio Wednesday thru Friday . I plan to hunt another area Saturday and Sunday for sure . From what I am reading here ,some are really into the birds and some are not hearing a thing . What are your thoughts for turkey activity in Ross and Pike counties this week ?? Thanks for your input. I work for myself and if I go the three days cost as I will not be working and gas and camping fees are not cheap. I know you cant put a price on the great outdoors either , but I do have 3 out of state trips planned for this year . Thanks again !!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I don't know about Ross or pike but in hocking its been quiet heard one yesterday but nothing today

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Gobbling has been sporadic in my areas. Heard some on the roost and then immediately after flydown. Things will pic up when the weather gets back to normal (I hope!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you think I picked Wednesday thru Friday , I LOOKED at the weather forecast . I GUESS I wanted a little nudge to get me down there. LOL Dahhhh

·
Registered
186 Posts
Personally, I feel with lows in the upper 50's and low 60's it will quiet them up even more. Upper 70's and 80's is just too hot.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
they were working good this morning,called a big one in for my brother but he wasnt paying attention.then called 8 jakes in later this morning .then at 1140 called another big one in but he seen him move his gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts