Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who feels its absurd to not allow people to buy a one year hunting or fishing license? What if you were moving from Ohio in the next year or you were getting older and this would be your last year of hunting/fishing? Not to mention a lot of older folks are on fixed income and can't afford to buy a three year license. It doesn't really affect me, but I still don't think its right not to allow people to buy a one year license. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Am I the only one who feels its absurd to not allow people to buy a one year hunting or fishing license? What if you were moving from Ohio in the next year or you were getting older and this would be your last year of hunting/fishing? Not to mention a lot of older folks are on fixed income and can't afford to buy a three year license. It doesn't really affect me, but I still don't think its right not to allow people to buy a one year license. Your thoughts?
?.... resident fishing license (1yr ) shows up for me when i get on my App....are you reading this somewhere? is it being discussed?

·
Registered
354 Posts
They've always been one year licenses or three day licenses until recently . You dont have to get the multiyear option.

EDIT: Looking at the license software, the multiyear licenses are layed out first and you have to scroll down to get to the single year license

·
Registered
55 Posts
The new website is kind of confusing, I just bought my fishing license for this year and it took a little while to find the one year option because, like SNIPERBBB said, it's now the last option and it's not outlined in white.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a lifetime license a few years ago when they were first introduced. Hopefully will live long enough to realize the savings from it, but it is nice not to ever have to worry about renewing it.
I did the same, I still have to go through and do HIP Survey every year. If I could automate that id be set!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think that the lifetime licenses are crap. One set fee. Price them on a sliding scale. Bad investment for someone who is in their 40s or 50s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think that the lifetime licenses are crap. One set fee. Price them on a sliding scale. Bad investment for someone who is in their 40s or 50s.
flathead, I did the math prior to purchasing, plus added the convenience factor of never needing to remember to renew every March 1. I believe I can break even or better, sooner if the yearly fees increase over time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If the price of $19.per year stayed the same, and it won't, it would take 24 1/2 years to pay for a lifetime license. Well worth it for someone in their mid 40's and under. Then, at age 66, you get reduced cost licenses and permits.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I must have overlooked the one year option, as it certainly wasn't as easy to see as the other options were. The problem I have with a lifetime license is that no one is promised tomorrow, let alone 25 years. I did purchase the three year license though. I saved a measly 1 dollar per year by doing it that way.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I have found the new Ohio hunting and fishing app to be most useful. You can carry all your licenses and tags in the app and do away with printing them out. Check game etc. awesome features. It’s in the App Store under hunt fish OH.

Reactions: bluedog

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I bought a 10 year license. When that is up I'll be a senior. Unless it changes (which it may), there is a senior lifetime license option as well. It never bothers me to support wildlife and hunting in this state. And the other nice thing about an extended license is that it is still good if you move out of state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts