Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a gentle reminder...

Hunting any wild animal (except waterfowl) from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset during the youth deer gun season, deer gun season, the deer muzzleloader season is unlawful unless the hunter is visibly wearing a vest, coat, jacket, or coveralls that are either solid hunter orange or camouflage hunter orange. This requirement applies statewide on both public and private land.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The youngsters shot the 45-70 today we are ready! They both have a stand or blind picked out for their hunt on Saturday.

Reactions: ohihunter2014

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Yes, many bowhunters will have on their orange vests this weekend. Then they will climb up their stand and put them in their packs hahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's sad that we have to go through this every year. Not wearing orange during a gun season is a huge pet peeve of mine. It is a violation of wildlife regulations and that makes you a poacher! Someone is going to end up dead eventually over their stupid pride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a gentle reminder...

Hunting any wild animal (except waterfowl) from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset during the youth deer gun season, deer gun season, the deer muzzleloader season is unlawful unless the hunter is visibly wearing a vest, coat, jacket, or coveralls that are either solid hunter orange or camouflage hunter orange. This requirement applies statewide on both public and private land.

Wear orange to protect yourself. Leave that mask at home, forget that vaccination. More hunters with Covid-19 means more deer in my freezer! Thanks for making it possible for my best season ever! Please get out there real close and spread the love.

If you’re in the hospital, can I borrow that deer stand? If you don’t survive, can I keep it?

Seriously, why wear hunter orange if statistics show you are more likely to die by not protecting yourself from a deadly virus? Be safe in all ways... I really don’t want your deer stand!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously, why wear hunter orange if statistics show you are more likely to die by not protecting yourself from a deadly virus?
You are more likely to die driving to or from your hunt than you are of being killed hunting without wearing hunter orange clothing when required. We both could go on and on, so let's agree on what we do know:

Legal hunters wear hunter orange because it was put into Ohio's hunting regulations (page 6, et al, in this year's pub) by the authority of our elected representatives way back in the day, well before common sense was completely lost on so many in the general public. In fact, if you'll excuse my digression, an Ohioan is attributed to getting us on board to wear it by regulation, and now a fishing hole is named after him: Lake (Hob) McKarns in Williams County.

Could you please show all of your readers the statistics to which you refer? The numbers I found indicate that heart disease and cancer were the two most deadly causes of death last year, whether you were hunting or not. And, before you throw WuFlu at us as the third leading cause of death, take note of the publisher's caveat wherein that specific number includes causes that were either: "...confirmed or presumed." [My emphasis]

To all: Have a safe and fun season. Take a kid with you.

Someone better than me said: I'll take you out when you're too young if you promise to take me out when I'm too old.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wear orange to protect yourself. Leave that mask at home, forget that vaccination. More hunters with Covid-19 means more deer in my freezer! Thanks for making it possible for my best season ever! Please get out there real close and spread the love.

If you’re in the hospital, can I borrow that deer stand? If you don’t survive, can I keep it?

Seriously, why wear hunter orange if statistics show you are more likely to die by not protecting yourself from a deadly virus? Be safe in all ways... I really don’t want your deer stand!
This guy joined 12 hours ago and thread jacks a 5 year old post to stir the Covid pot. REPORTED!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem-o on this end. The typical CCP phisher will take my response, spend the next several hours trying to interpret it, and then turn it in to someone up the chain for analysis and hopefully a payment. In the meantime, I've posted for our readers some facts germane to the topic of hunter orange, plus got a shout-out about one of our past celebrities from Williams County.

Aside: I do appreciate this site very much, in general, and this forum, specifically, and its monitors. Some very similar-looking sites, even some mostly frequented by those in liberated portions of Ohio, don't allow much debate at all, particularly on the topics once known as either the Big Five in an officers' mess or the Big Three in a ship's wardroom. A joke as mild as that below would likely band me on those sites having touched one or more of the forbidden topics.

How dull civil discourse can be. Keep up the good work on this site.

That said,
I'm thinking of re-nicknaming SWMBO and start calling her Bambi, not so much that she is still cute with big, brown eyes, but simply in hopes that someone will come along and shoot her mother with a hunting rifle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts