Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son got me a Hoyt Dorado, black riser wood grain limbs. At 45lbs it is a good performer, not the fastest bow I've had and not the slowest.
It shoots pretty quiet and is dead in the hand, got a Boa Mini strap-on quiver and a 5 inch Stablizer on it. Shooting some 45-50 spine Ramin wood arrows which fly real good. I'm pulling 28 inches, I was surprised the 45-50 spine flew that good, I thought they might be border-line weak, but wood arrows have always been real workable, I've shot a wide variety spine wood arrows out of bows that flew good. I've shot wood and aluminum for the last 36 years, tinkered a little with carbon. I may try one of my brother's Gold Tip 35-55 arrows and see how it does, until then guess it will be the Ramin wood.
I got the Ramin wood arrows fron John at Twig Archery, very nice gentleman to do business with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coonskinner, I will post a pic as soon as I get a chance, I've been workin so much here lately..hard to get good light for pics.lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah buddy, I'm gonna try to get some today. My little Princess is sick today so I will have to get some later today.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Man thats quite the looker! Are the limbs solid fiber glass? Hows it shoot for you TG? I know Hoyt has always made some great shooting bows! Thanks! scout4

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scout4, the limbs are just like any other wood/glass limbs. They pull pretty smooth too.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Got the same bow but made by reflex which is a div of Hoyt! Mines all camo and 40# and is my go to bow for turkey. Set up with a flipper rest and likes the GT 35-55s at 30" and 100gr points. Shoots great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the same bow but made by reflex which is a div of Hoyt! Mines all camo and 40# and is my go to bow for turkey. Set up with a flipper rest and likes the GT 35-55s at 30" and 100gr points. Shoots great!
My son has the camo version in 50lbs. He is shooting the Hunter Center rest on his. I have to say it's one of the best recurves I've shot or owned.
I do like it better than the ILF setup my son had...he likes it better too.
Of course it's just personal preference, but the Dorado has a more solid feel upon release of the arrow to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I really like the Dorado but it just doesn't like me. I think it's the grip, shaped goo front to back but real narrow side to side.
My son's gonna take it back so this will give him 2 Dorados....he's happy.
Have to say, I've shot a few metal riser bows and they're dead in the hand, but I prefer an all wood bow...for no other reason than just the overall feel.
It's not a nostalgia thing for me, just personal preference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts