Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go easy on me.

So I've fished a bunch when I was a teen and then completely forgot that I lived on a lake with fish when I turned 35. I've been to the Badstreet pier and some various spots along the lake. Never caught anything to talk about here.

Last week I spent some time on a friends boat in Canada and we trolled for pickerel. Had a blast and learned a ton. Came home today and now I have the itch to fish the lake. Problem is-- no boat.

Where can I fish without a boat fish that I will want to eat?

If I were to invest in a fishing boat, where do I start?

I want to teach my son to fish when he grows up and I need to learn first obviously. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
You're probably not going to catch a lot of "eaters" from shore this time of year. A boat's your best bet. Have you looked into a head boat or charter? Those guys will give you the best chance to catch fish.

Bradstreet can be fun if the white bass are coming in, but you have to be there at the moment it begins because it usually doesn't last long. The guys in the baitshop there can fill you in.

But, again, if you want to catch food, look into a head boat or charter. If you do a google search, you can get some idea of prices and times. Or maybe someone on here can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
If you want to drive an hour west, the Huron river pier is good for walleye, perch and cats.

Huron Bait and Supply is at the foot of the river, home of Fred's fish cleaning service. They have a good fishing report. (419 433 7464)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts