Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote an article on how I scout from home and what traits have proven to hold big deer off a aerial map. Take a read and leave a comment, I would appreciate it! If you like what you read SUBSCRIBE :D

Finding Your Next Honey Hole

·
Registered
356 Posts
On public land, drive around till you find the least amount of out of state license plates, then park and walk, and walk, and walk some more..........Or...scout, scout, scout...& don't even tell your best friend. If no luck, Coonie will point you in a general direction...then keep walking...the steeper the better!

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Nice article Corey. I was going to comment, but the comments section shows as closed for me.

Mature bucks need 4 essential things: 1. Water 2. Food 3. Cover 4. Doe Satellite maps can help you find 3 of those things.

Scout, scout, scout and scout some more. Best times to do it are Feb, Mar, Apr, Aug & Sep. You can scout during the season, but you don't want to trapes all over your prime hunting area. In season should just be about fine tuning.

You already know all of this though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
They also need to not be shot before they are mature...or pushed around...or constantly bothered.

Finding these areas, in addition to the ones you mentioned, is a little tough.

Nice article Corey. I was going to comment, but the comments section shows as closed for me.

Mature bucks need 4 essential things: 1. Water 2. Food 3. Cover 4. Doe Satellite maps can help you find 3 of those things.

Scout, scout, scout and scout some more. Best times to do it are Feb, Mar, Apr, Aug & Sep. You can scout during the season, but you don't want to trapes all over your prime hunting area. In season should just be about fine tuning.

You already know all of this though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just messin wit ya Snoke!;) I know you hav'nt figured out how to kill them there BIGGINS yet. What a minute I havnt either.....:confused:HMMMM dry spell for 2 yrs now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts