Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much range time do you put in a year ? I shoot about 800 t0 1000 rounds of .22 ammo a yaer. Mostly from my CZ bolt action rifle. About 100 rounds or so from my 30-06 and 7mm08 and 50 to 100 from my .44 mag. I spend most my time with my CZ because it cheap and shoots as well as most centerfire rifles at 100 yards. When I shoot my centerfire rifles I like to shoot at 200 and 300 yards.

·
7,179 Posts
I spend more time shooting shotguns these days. I shoot skeet 1 or 2 times a month, sporting clays 5 or 6 times a year. Plus the occasional rounds of trap.

Most of my rifle and pistol shooting is at home. I don't burn through ammo like I used to but occasional will warm up a barrel.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I shoot a 6.5x55 that I get reloads for and I pump about 300 rounds a yr thought it. The 22 I go thought about 1000 rounds and my 9mm most likely 400 round in a yrs time.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I shoot lots of cast bullets. I try to go to the range (15 minute drive) at least 3 times a week and shoot 50 rounds per gun that I take. Some of the cast bullets hit the 200 yard dinger quite well, all do great at 100. I seem to shoot more cast rifle than I do .22 rimfire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.