Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

How many deer can a hunter take per season?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bucnuts 
#1 ·
I understand the limit per county. So does that mean you can go county to county and limit out as long as you buy tags? Not that I would or could even get that many.

#6 ·
I believe this year you now do not have to leave your zone to keep tagging deer once a zone limit is reached. Instead you can just go to any other county in or out of the zone and keep tagging. This is how I understood the laws to be, took a few reads to comprehend.

There is only two of us in my house hold, we can get through 4 deer in under 6 months. This is about all we eat, we could easily finish 9 deer through out the year. This saves us thousands of dollars each year on commercial store bought meat that is full of antibiotics and steroids and who knows what else. That comment isn't even laughable, we go get food stamps and then you complain that we are using your tax dollars to feed our self on when we could just go to the woods and get our meat for the cost of a tag and our time.

#10 ·
There is nothing ridiculous about harvesting 9 deer legally, it is however ridiculous to illegally harvest any deer. Sorry for straying from the topic.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.