Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! First time in a long time but it's not the first time.

From what little I have found, it sounds like the Acorn mast is dynomite this year. Perhaps the best in years?

Been waiting for the Acorn Mast Survey to come out (that comes out every year) but nothing yet.

Anyone around or been to Jackson, Gallia, or Lawrence Counties? Wondering what the mast is like around those parts this year.

I will be down there in a couple weeks and will also post what I found/saw for acorns when I get back. Two way street (y)

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. I'm not that far from Dorset Wildlife area. I do know that there are white oaks dropping acorns EVERYWHERE on my farm. It's a cool sight to see for sure.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
You bet. Would you say more or less than years past?
The white oaks are WAY above average this year. Reds about the same (there are almost always a lot of red acorns in most years). Wherever I walk in the woods there are acorns. Going to make for some tough deer hunting I think because they can go to any part of the woods to eat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That has been on my mind. Far lower deer numbers than years ago and with lots of food, deer may be more spread out. Thanks for the information. Will post an update myself in a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts