Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanx for the feedback guys, i guess i'll go ahead and get a kinetic or catalyst. on the same note... how do you all feel about diawa spinning reels. i was at the rodmakers shop last week and saw a diawa kastor 2500 spinning reel i liked. anyone have feedback on this reel or any comparable diawa spinners?

thanx, smallie.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've never heard of it. I compared a $140 Daiwa spinning reel to the Symmetre...........at almost 1/2 price the Shimano was still better. On that note, the Sahara even felt better.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Daiwa

Are very sweet reels...i have owned many over the years like the Regal Z's & X's. I still use my Emblem Z's, S & X for smallies and love them!
I bought last year a Daiwa Emblem Za for long distance casting and its an awsome reel.
The newer models like the Kastor you mentioned i have not checked out yet..but then again i already have way to many light action spinning reels as it is.

I say if YOU like it and it fits what YOU need it for..go for it, you can do much worse than Daiwa thats for sure!

·
Registered
449 Posts
LOL...

Your killin me here....heck i cant recall ever looking at the Daiwa's at Fishermans..not sure of the model you looked at but i'd put my Emblem Z & X up against my Shimanos and bet they'd be about equal..and that coming from a shimano fan!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
They've had it for a couple seasons. I've thought about asking Matt if he'd "like to get rid of it"

Of course it has been sitting there so long, the grease has probably turned to concrete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts