Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I have been considering making our own Ghillie suites for bow hunting. We would like to move away from tree stand and blind hunting to give us the opportunity to stalk and be more mobile.

Any suggestions?

Better to make or buy?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah i made several over the years first for paintball then for hunting. i have used fishing nets and tied on camo strips/ stripped burlap/ fake plants (for paintball because not sure how they would do for hunting). I made one last year that was my best by far. Took a cheap rain camo coat and glued on camo strips . This allowed me to have a nice solid coat and 3D affect i was looking for.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
ACAT Camo. I'm looking into this camo for stalking this year.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I hunt on the ground, late season because of my schedule. I had one walk right by me last year in waterfoul camo. It did blend in pretty good during that time of year. I brought two different camo suits for that hunt and picked the best one for the surroundings. I didn't know what the area would look like that time of year, how much green stuff would still be around, etc. as it turned out the brown corn stalk camo blended in the best.

I can't get into the Ohio woods as early as I would like because of where I live and my job. I try to make sure I cover all the bases for the hunt I do get to go on.

ASAT Camo may be even better than what I use now. It is especially important to blend into your surroundings when you stalk. Anything out of place will stick out like a sore thumb. If you can work the wind right and the cover is on your side you can get pretty close to them.

RGJZ06

1 - 5 of 5 Posts