Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go back to school next weekend and dont know if I'll be back home before trapping season cause of football so i reckon it's time to break out the blender and have some fun. Just wondering who else makes their own **** baits? What do you have success with? I usually try to combine fishy elements with sweet. A base of shellfish oil with corn syrup. Maybe some vanilla or molasses and of course always plenty of anise.

Anyone add preservative and have good suggestions? Mine never seems to hold up wellif it gets warm out

·
Registered
188 Posts
Shellfish oil is great all by itself. Carp,chubs. I dont know about preservatives. If you find a good one for fish let me know.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I gut and chop up muskrats that I catch. That with red fox urine and a good lure like Night Owl, Cavin's takes both fox and coyote,(used mostly at dirt hole sets but you can drop the muskrat for a flat set or post set).:D

·
Registered
631 Posts
**** bait for dp,s. i take about 3 gallons of dogfood, catfood, of fishfood and blend it in a blender. i then mix in 2 or 3 cans of jack makeral bought from wallyworld. why on gods green earth they offer that for human consumption is beyond me. i then add enough used cooking oil (can be had at local bars, fairs, ect.) to make it a semi dry paste. it won't freeze and trust me the ***** love it. when using dp's a non freezing bait is a must.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**** bait for dp,s. i take about 3 gallons of dogfood, catfood, of fishfood and blend it in a blender. i then mix in 2 or 3 cans of jack makeral bought from wallyworld. why on gods green earth they offer that for human consumption is beyond me. i then add enough used cooking oil (can be had at local bars, fairs, ect.) to make it a semi dry paste. it won't freeze and trust me the ***** love it. when using dp's a non freezing bait is a must.
I'll have to try that. I use striaght jack mackerel early season but always have to switch when it gets cold and starts to freeze. That stuff is absolutely nasty. And during season me and all my clothes reek of it 24/7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts