Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 5 of 64 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
I've been trying for the last two years to find hogs there. All the sign I've seen have been very old. I think the hunters ran them off on private. Talked to a DNR officer last month, he said he saw one cross the road near Nelsonville. Not saying their not there somewhere but everyone has been after them and prob have them nocturnal or in the thickest of thick. Keep us posted guys. Good luck. I truly hope u guys get em.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

· Registered
635 Posts
We killed two in Athens co. I think it was 2010. Was following yote tracks in the snow on state land and jumped up two young boar. We ended up getting both of them. Luck. Rite place at the right time. What ever it was. It was one of our most exciting days in the woods. We had a lot of negative comments about it on here. I look at it as bla bla bla. Jealously. I wish everyone could experience what we did. Here is some pics of that day.

Attachments

· Registered
635 Posts
I put the whole hog on a BBQ cooker. There was not an ounce of fat under the skin. I had to cover it with bacon in the cooker to keep it moist.
The ney Sayers said it was high fence and other comments. We went back to the same area two years in a row. No new sign. Hunters had dogs running them. I think They moved outta there.

1 - 5 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.