Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I new to this whole thing but I have been reading on the fourm for about 2 or 3 Weeks.Just wanted to introduce myself.I felt kinda weird cause most of you guys seem like a tight group and didnt know how you would feel about strangers.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That awesome.im a younger guy just trying to learn some tips and tricks and maybe helpout if I can. I have only been bow hunting for about 2 years.so im still new at it.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Welcome Chris. Stick around and I am sure you will learn a lot.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
What part of Ohio are you from?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Theres a group of us regulars on,here, after being around a while, youll fit right in! Theres lots of good info and always a good debate or two. Welcome!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I am from Toledo but I hunt la sue Ann that is the only place close to me I know.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Okay. I am from the Dayton area and hunt mostly in Greene county. Like I said, there is a wealth of kowledge on this site. We do have some heated debates from time to time.lol But a lot of us on here have been hunting for a long time and are happy to pass on what we have learned.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Welcome Chris to the site. You'll have fun on here. For the most part, the guys are respectful. That's what I like about this place.:yikes:

RGJZ06

·
22,524 Posts
:Welcome: and don't forget to fill out your profile!:biggrin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks rgjz06. From the reading I have been doing it seems like a fun site to be a part of.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Chris my name is Bear. I live in Luckey which is about 15-20 miles just south of Toledo. Should look into Maummee State forest which is out by Swanton. Also look if you can still get a Magee Marsh permit. Magee Marsh has tons and tons of deer or did 10 or so years ago when I hunted it. Maummee is pretty solid for bow hunting just be aware of a lot of people and avoid it during gun season..

Is also a place out by Waterville. I've never tried it but I heard the two islands you can hunt are quite nice. At least for population.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks bear.I also heard there was alot of people hunting there. That is why I go out to la sue Ann I have been hunting the for 3 years now and have yet to have a person walk by me. Even during gun season. I see some good deer but never close enough for a bow shot. Had a nice 10 come in but could not get him any closer then like 60 yards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts