Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... My name is Jason - from Columbus. I do a good bit of white tail hunting around SE Ohio, as well as off 70 East past Pataskala. I do both crossbow and shotgun right now, but want to start learning to shoot a compound as well.
I started hunting with my grandfather about 12 years ago, and he has recently passed, so hunting is more special to me now than ever. I have alot of his equipment, so it is nice to get out in the woods each year. I shoot a Mossberg 500 scoped, and a PSE crossbow. Love them both. I know there are newer and better guns and bows out there, but these have not failed me yet. 6 deer in the past 5 years.
I am always looking for good deals on hunting equipment and accessories, guns, and networking to hunt new land and meet new people. This will be the first year I hunt a private farm with food plots, so any tips there would be great. I am relatively young, so I have lots to learn for sure. Great to meet all of you, and looking forward to talking with you all more as season comes closer!

·
22,520 Posts
:Welcome:

·
Registered
75 Posts
welcome Jason I am new also.I have just been reading and searching the fourm.and have learned alot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hey guys... My name is Jason - from Columbus. I do a good bit of white tail hunting around SE Ohio, as well as off 70 East past Pataskala. I do both crossbow and shotgun right now, but want to start learning to shoot a compound as well.
I started hunting with my grandfather about 12 years ago, and he has recently passed, so hunting is more special to me now than ever. I have alot of his equipment, so it is nice to get out in the woods each year. I shoot a Mossberg 500 scoped, and a PSE crossbow. Love them both. I know there are newer and better guns and bows out there, but these have not failed me yet. 6 deer in the past 5 years.
I am always looking for good deals on hunting equipment and accessories, guns, and networking to hunt new land and meet new people. This will be the first year I hunt a private farm with food plots, so any tips there would be great. I am relatively young, so I have lots to learn for sure. Great to meet all of you, and looking forward to talking with you all more as season comes closer!
Man Jason, there is so much to say about what you wrote here. I'm sure your Grand Father is proud of you, following in his footsteps and using his equipment. I wouldn't sell any of his things as you will look back on them and remember him.

Welcome to the site and have fun on those special hunts. Remember, he will always be with you.

RGJZ06 :Welcome::Welcome:

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Man Jason, there is so much to say about what you wrote here. I'm sure your Grand Father is proud of you, following in his footsteps and using his equipment. I wouldn't sell any of his things as you will look back on them and remember him.

Welcome to the site and have fun on those special hunts. Remember, he will always be with you.

RGJZ06 :Welcome::Welcome:
Yep! X3

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts