close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello from VT

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by 2browndogs, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hi to all, I'm new to site. Visited and hunted deer in Ohio last fall for 5 days in late October (down near Logan) and loved it. You have great deer, great terrain and some super nice folks.

Coming back this fall to hunt some public land near Zanesville, I'm sure it will be fun.

Does anyone have a game processor near Zanesville they would recommend?

thanks and good luck to all this season.

shawn

2. Vt

What part of Vermont you from my Cuzs who justs passed live up by Waterbury he hunted southern ohio a few times. Oh are you hunting Blue Rock State park

3. W- I live in Elmore, bout 45 mins N of Waterbury, hunt the Notch in Waterbury a bit...good Oak there....Yes, plan on Hunting northern part of Blue Rock along with Tri-vally and Woodbury...maybe bit of dillon as that is where i'm staying but it looks a bit small...I try to get away from folks which was not a problem last year in WNF....only saw 2 other people there...can't get over the Oak you guys have....and surprised at how rugged the hills are......we don't have much for deer but have a good mix of species overall....lots of Moose and Bear where I live....had two moose in my yard the other day...

thanks, shawn

4. i live in northern ohio its flat as a board here..but there decent hunting but nothing like southern ohio yea its hilly there.. blue rock gets a lot of people first couple days then they clear out.. i was in waterbury two years ago my dad was from there. lot has change since i was last there which was in the 70's..lol im sure there a few game processor around where ur hunting.. its been a few years since i was down there we always bought them back home to process. well wish you a lot of luck ..shoot a big one

5. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin Mod

Welcome to the site.

6. thanks for the welcome guys, you have a great site here.

shawn

7. I'm new to this site and to hunting Ohio...last year was my first year and had an incredible experience. really loved it. Saw 30 buck but never got one (had a super 8 broadside at 30 yards, would have been my best but didn't shoot, knew there was bigger in there), did come home with a tasty doe. Just trying a different place this year for the heck of it.

Was you camp between route 33 and 278 in WNF last year, I ask as we ran into a group of nice folks camping/hunting there. We did a lot I'm new to this site and to hunting Ohio...last year was my first year and had an incredible experience. really loved it. Saw 30 buck but never got one (had a super 8 broadside at 30 yards, would have been my best but didn't shoot, knew there was bigger in there), did come home with a tasty doe. Just trying a different place this year for the heck of it.

Was you camp between route 33 and 278 in WNF last year, I ask as we ran into a group of nice folks camping/hunting there. We did a lot of hunting around New Straitsville and really got into some deer on public land.....it was pretty nice land.

Where is you camp this year? Do you move around from year to year?of
    Where is you camp this year? Do you move around from year to year?

I'm hunting a bit farther north this year, around Zanesville but would like to learn more of your camp for future years?

Shawn