Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard a song on the radio in the morning when driving & had that song stick in your head ALL..............DAY.........LONG????

That's what happened to day with this song. Luckily I like the song & can sing along wit the Hank in my head!!

Tear

Reactions: bankfish

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
But they are great for catching earwigs.
So, there I was at 2,000 feet, flack on my left, flack on my...That's just how old war stories always start. Ha!

First tour to the Orient. It was late on a hot summer night. I was living the high life in a Quonset hut with three other idiots. Suddenly, I bolted upright in my bunk. I swore, literally and figuratively, that I had a bug in my ear! I immediately assessed the situation as something serious and that I had to get to the aid station most-skoosh, which was just a short distance away (base planners were kind in this regard).

I slipped on my flip-flops, take two steps, and dropped to the tiles like the proverbial sack of rice. The bug, now feeling about the size of a mouse, attempted to fly out of my ear canal. I can't describe just what that sensation does to one's equilibrium, maybe like vertigo with a vengeance.

I finally made it to the aid station door which was sealed up just like it would be if it had a contraband air conditioner inside. I pounded on the door, which provoked this bug in my ear to attempt another takeoff, and down I went again. The medic opened the little window in the door, looked down, checked out my late-at-night-and-didn't-take-time-to-put-on-my-PJs look, with me digging at the ear like a Newfoundland Retriever with skin allergies, and asked, "Yes?"

While I tried to stand upright, I calmly explained that I thought I had a dachshund in my ear, then fell on my butt again as the bug attempted yet another departure, and yelled the classic line, "Is there a doctor in the house?"

Eventually, the Whiskey woke up Stitches, and together they used enough 100mph tape to hold me down and finally got this not-so-patriotic eagle out of my ear, piece by piece, but only after they attempted to blow it out with what seemed like an air hose from the motor pool, and then flush it out with what seemed like a fire hose.

That's my war story, and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was living the high life in a Quonset hut with three other idiots.
That begs a question that I won't ask as I am a kind & understanding person. ROTFLMAO!!

But I do have to ask: when they tried to blow it out, did they stick the air hose in your other ear? (Sorry but I just couldn't stop my fingers in time!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts