Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We still have ice on the pond up here,but 40's today might help out with that,River is flowing pretty good so still might to wait alittle longer.Getting bored

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Haven't been out looking ,but most of the places here are still ice covered.:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
mark and i were out today and the carp were everywhere. one lady did take a few of them but she only wanted the little ones.we each shot one that was around 25 pounds and the rest were 15 to 20 pounders.when we first walked up mark saw one that would eclipse the state record ( in the 45 pound range ) but it is next to impossible to connect from the bridge.with all of the carp swimming everywhere it was hard for KILLERS like us to decide which ones should live and which ones should die!!! it was really funny but there was about 40 people fishing in the same area for steelhead(another trash fish) and not one of them said one bad thing.as a matter of fact we got more people coming up and pointing out areas where the fish were swimming so they could see us shoot them .as a matter of fact most of the places they were pointing these fish out happened to be in BARRELS!!! it is always nice to be shooting them in a barrel. lol haha

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Your right Bucktail and I just bought a new pair of bowfishing shoes and I'm taking orders for more pairs...LOL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
FEELIN' LIKE A MAN

Hey "SPLIT TAIL" you got any of those shoes down there you can send up to me..Mine are getting a little worn and I could use a new pair!!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still to cold up here :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I'm going to look tomorrow and see what I can find. Talk to some shops about the next tournament.;)

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Well, I was out this morning and seen that most of the lakes are still frozen over it areas. This winter weather is getting old fast!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well went by my first spot that i usually see carp at. The spill way water is running pretty good now but water is looking good but no fish yet will try it again this weekend with warmer temp. might bring some up.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I'm hoping the warmer temps and some wind will melt all this snow and ice out of here.:D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Took the boat out on the River Sat. night....It was WAY too muddy and all we saw was one V and one jumper....everything on the boat ran good though and the only casualty for the night was my white night light which I sheared off on a overhanging tree.....

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds good ,have not been able to take the boat out yet but she is ready to go as soon as the ice melts off.keep us posted of any findings

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea calling for 65 sunday might be a good day to see if any are up and moving yet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts