Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man the birds are out chirpin up a storm this morning...makes me think of turk hunting and what they might be doing this morning...wish i was in the woods right now...mannnn sure miss them days when i was out there bout everyday in the spring time and then getting out early enough to hit some local ponds or the river for some bass crappie bluegill and maybe some nightfishing later on for catfish...oh by the way ohio u.bobcats beat nagihcim...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Me and the boy just got back in from a morning adventure on the wnf no mushrooms yet but good walk anyhow and then picked up his gun from downs they had to send it to there gunsmith it wouldn't eject a shell so it works now. Bought me some 3 1/2 wincester #5 shot turk loads and a target to patern on ganna eat then hit a diff set of woods for some shroom action

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Was out here in Greene county this morning. Was really foggy. Turkeys were gobbling their heads off. Had 2 loudmouth 2 year olds and 2 hens within 40 yards of me and they were puttin on a show. Beautiful thing is, they walked into the woods from a cut cornfield within 20 yards of where I plan on putting my ground blind. Already had the spot cleared out for it. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Just got back from my Morgan co. camp. Birds were going off this morning! All corners of the prop, too. Must have been the heavy fog? ;)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Me and the boy just got back in from a morning adventure on the wnf no mushrooms yet but good walk anyhow and then picked up his gun from downs they had to send it to there gunsmith it wouldn't eject a shell so it works now. Bought me some 3 1/2 wincester #5 shot turk loads and a target to patern on ganna eat then hit a diff set of woods for some shroom action

Any shrooms comin up yet

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
You guys are cruel. I work Saturday mornings. Wish I was hanging with you this morning billman![/QU It was a pretty sight. But now I will be going crazy until season starts. These 2 gobblers were hammering at everything that made a sound. Geese , crows, birds. If it made noise they shock gobbled. Probablx heard them gobble 70 times. Pure torture is what it was!!!
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Too early yet for shrooms.
Yes but it is possible for them to POP in the next week think about it 50's and above at nite for 5 days warm. Sun and some rain is wht it takes I seen the mays pooin and saw several devils cups. All the lil trees and briars a buding I'd say in the next the blacks and dog peckers will be starting and mid April for grey white and end of April early May for yellow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.