Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed out this weekend to hang a few stands and scout. Does anyone else plan on doing the same. Also every year i try a new tree/spot or two even if its picking a tree within 10 yards of last years stand. I just like to change things up. This weekend is private land set up and scouting, next weekend is public scouting. Gota love prep time.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just walked in from setting up a Natural Ground Blind, and moving a latterstand since the one it was in died. Love the cool morning.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have to have mine hung before corn grows too tall its a real pain trying to carry it through 6 ft tall corn actually switched mine up a little this year too try somethin different

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just went and did a lil stand work a coulpe of days ago and will finish it all up Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I have one more stand to hang and all 8 will be up. Probably will do it Sat morning. And also set a cam up in a new area.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
If I buy another ladder stand ill put it up but I do have two blinds left to put out ill get it done labor day weekend!!!
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
140 Posts
i am all finished up. the only thing i got left to deer is check the feeders on the private land and check my cameras. woohoo!!!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well they are all up but the blind. I will cut shooting lanes september 2nd i just for got a few tools and i always forget how hard and how long it takes to find a new spot and put up a stand. haha next year ill do half of it in july or early aug.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
All mine are hung. Just have to put bow holders out and safety ropes up.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Little late, isn't it?
We got all of our stands completely done by July 1st.[/QU I always to be done 4 weeks before opening day. Thats plenty of time. Took a little longer this year as I got 140 acres of new property that borders the property I already hunt.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Banned
673 Posts
Its never to late to hang or move stands. If your planning on hunting hard from day one I would say get it done asap butif your like me and dont go hard till 4th week of october your ok. I have 4 sets hung from last year. Just need to put new straps on them and there done. I am letting my cameras decide where the other 4 will and that wont happen till about mid october. Trying little differant strategy this year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have my trees picked already I use a climber did that in march. But I do have an area that has been calling my name for a couple years now. I hate to do it this late but if we only have rain this weekend and no high winds from the storm isaac I plan on taking a walk and checking this area out. Every time I look at the topo my eyes go straight to that area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I only have a small spot to hunt but I have mine up. My hope is that I pull some love from the other hundreds of acres around my property.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Got my last blind piped up this weekend mite make a few natural blinds this comeing weekend since I get a big 3 day weekend for my birthday
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Done some of mine 45 yrs. ago...now-a-days all i need to do is grab the climber and go...i add a few more each year ...and i got a good idea about where that will be...:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts