Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good Gunsmith that doesn't charge an arm and leg in Central Ohio. I'm not cheap, I just don't want to go to Gander and pay 30/hr and have them send it out to only god knows who! I'd rather take my firearms to a recommended Smith!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
A gunsmith that is cheap? Isn't that an oxymoron?? Lol.

I don't think I'd let a cheap gunsmith work on something that could be done wrong and cost you your life.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. I didn't mean that. Just that I don't want to pay a bundle when I don't even get to meet the gunsmith, let alone know anything about him or her

·
Banned
624 Posts
The best way I know to find a good gunsmith is to find a gun club near you that hosts competitive shoots . Then ask them who they recommend. Like most shooters, they will be looking for the best value and know some really great gunsmiths that work out of their garages or basements.

These independent gunsmiths work for reasonable prices but uncommonly return excellent work... or competitive shooters wouldn't use the guy.

It's not as "convenient" as dropping it off at FFF or Gander, but it's worth the extra effort if you really care about your gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts