Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just watching the news and they say this escaped convict stole a gun(s)by prying open the door of a gun safe with a crow bar...didnt say if it was just the cheapo thin metal ones you can get at walmart or mejeirs...for bout a hunert dollas...i've always thought mine purty strong with 1/4"steel...and invincible...any idea what it takes to bust in one of these safes...mine cost about 700 dollasand i have had it around 20 yrs...:D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
it takes two crowbars. you can lay it on its back and pry it open a little at a time with two crowbars.

·
22,521 Posts
Yeah, how'd you manage to figure that one out?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
X2-

I'm on edge waiting to hear.....:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Wonder why he didn't have the hoods pry on his safes? Also most everyone has their safes lag bolted to the floor.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
56 , I was pretty sure you would figure it out. That is the video I watched . I didnt break into a safe or have mine broken into. I did want to leave you all some rope to play with though.

·
22,521 Posts
If your going to spend $500 to protect several thousand dollars worth of guns and personal items- you may want to rethink that strategy- :biggrin:

·
7,173 Posts
My safe is in a small room, bolted down plus there's over 100 lbs of lead in the bottom. They wouldn't be able to knock it over or have room for long pry bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts