Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Ground Blinds

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Ohhunter 
#1 ·
Ok guys: For you guys that use ground blinds(portable) to hunt turkey with which one is the best one to use:Was looking at the ameriastep doghouse is this good for two people and is there enough room for a bow hunter.
I know all about the double bulls but that price is very pricey.

#30 ·
Doghouse

If I remember correctly that is the same blind that I have. I really like it. I have had 3 people ice fishing in it and they will testify to it lol. I have also hunted with 2 people out of it. With a bow you can hunt 2 people but its really comfortable to hunt with one. Really with 2 people you can make it comforable but as we all know bows take up a little more room. If you have any particular questions just pm me. I really cant think of anything that I dont like about it. It has served me great in a lot of different aspects.

Mike

#32 ·
I thought about getting a ground blind for when my son starts bowhunting in a few years but can't justify the price on some of them. Good old natural ground cover works pretty good for me. I might need one though when the boy starts carrying a bow into the woods, he moves around way to much, you know how kids are.

#33 ·
yup,kids are movers...i took jordan and andrew one year ,got em hunkered down and started calling.immediately big gobbler answers and is on the run to me...gobbling like mad...i see him and then he veers off and flies away...i turn to the boys and they are gone...then i see them playing on the hillside running around a downed tree and climbing on it...big time movers but they were quiet...

#39 ·
Blinds

I just got a Jake House Blind from Ebay.I realy like the way it sets up in about 5 seconds and it has stakes for windy days.But don't bid on them on Ebay.ha ha ha I'am trying to buy two more for my dad and a buddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.