Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the GoPro camera and just getting started. I was wondering if anyone on the site uses one to film their Bow Hunts? I bought the chest harness to mount the camera on, looking in the straight ahead position. I stalk or some call it still hunt and am on the move most of the day, (however, extremely slow). If I find a hot spot, I'll post up there and wait. Filming the stalk might be kind of boring to some but when a deer walks up on you or you walk up on them it can be very exciting.

These camera's are very compact and light weight and could lend itself to mounting it on the bow. Not really sure about that myself but wondered if anyone on the site has tried it???

Let me know what you think, good or bad.:)

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
To the top for the Saturday morning crew.

Anyone using a Go Pro camera on their hunts?

Thanks,

RGJZ06

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
We use them at work all the time. Great HD footage.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just picked up the Hero2 yesterday and am configuring it tonight. At least trying to. I'm using a very small storage SD card as my large data card is not here yet. Might have to wait for the large card as it doesn't seem to like the small data card.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We use them at work all the time. Great HD footage.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
(Using them at work). What kind of battery life are you seeing with them? I think they make some kind of piggy back battery attachments to extend their life/use. Not sure about than but heard from a friend that has one. He owns some kind of small sea plane and puts the GP out on the wing tip. He has it pointed back at the plane.He takes some very impressive footage with his setup. Another guy I work with has one mounted on a small RC tri-winged airplane. His footage is really good as well.

RGJZ06

1 - 6 of 6 Posts