Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
These were shot on 4x5 Kodacrome (slide film) which had an ASA of about 65. To get the detail and the depth of field in these pictures, the photographer would have to use a lens setting of between f8 - f22. That would have required a lot of light for such a closed lens and such slow film.

The real skill in these photos is in the way the photographer used old flash bulbs to paint his image in such clarity. It takes a real pro to do that.

I have to admit that I looked through them to see if any were of my Mom who really was a "Rosie the riveter" during WWII.

Great images that will last forever.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
and a look into how our country and the people that made it what it is today.

http://pavelkosenko.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/4x5-kodachromes/
Uhm.........er...........ahh - thats not what our country is today - dang - all that stuff those people were working on was MADE IN AMERICA - our country is far different that the one those people worked and fought for - oh yeah and they all had jobs and the returning service all got jobs - dang - u kids will never get it - :whistle::mischeif:

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uhm.........er...........ahh - thats not what our country is today - dang - all that stuff those people were working on was MADE IN AMERICA - our country is far different that the one those people worked and fought for - oh yeah and they all had jobs and the returning service all got jobs - dang - u kids will never get it - :whistle::mischeif:
Oh-I get it, that's why I posted it. Maybe you lost the meaning somehwere????:whistle::mischeif:

If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have what we have today. My father came here as an immigrant in the early 50's with $25.00 in his pocket, worked to save enough to get mom here, and then saved enough to get my grand parents here. He left his homeland to try to have a better life,and succeeded.

Then he paid cash for his 1st home and then his second home-which he still lives in, and then his land that he bought after working long hours and as much overtime that he could. He never had a mortgage and paid for everything in cash. He instilled his work ethic in me and my brother, where I worked 70-80 hour weeks 7 days a week in the summers thru high school and college, and then worked and went to school as well. Those long days evolved into my adult life...I have never been out of work in my career. Yeah, I have a clue- He taught me a lot, and most likely will not forget.

Enjoy the pictures-take it in-enjoy-

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Oh-I get it, that's why I posted it. Maybe you lost the meaning somehwere????:whistle::mischeif:

If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have what we have today. My father came here as an immigrant in the early 50's with $25.00 in his pocket, worked to save enough to get mom here, and then saved enough to get my grand parents here. He left his homeland to try to have a better life,and succeeded.

Then he paid cash for his 1st home and then his second home-which he still lives in, and then his land that he bought after working long hours and as much overtime that he could. He never had a mortgage and paid for everything in cash. He instilled his work ethic in me and my brother, where I worked 70-80 hour weeks 7 days a week in the summers thru high school and college, and then worked and went to school as well. Those long days evolved into my adult life...I have never been out of work in my career. Yeah, I have a clue- He taught me a lot, and most likely will not forget.

Enjoy the pictures-take it in-enjoy-
Well good for you and your folks - your story is lost on most today - My dad built our home entirely by himself - dug the basement by hand - like your dad he never borrowed money for anything - i worked summers with him on the job and at home on our li'll place as a kid - i worked my way thru college and held two jobs - uhm not beat'n on you - but that American you and your dad experienced is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG GOOOOOOOOOONE - i got out of the service in the late 50's - and there were jobs everywhere - good jobs - jobs that paid enough that only one parent had to work outside the house hold - BUT THEN - oh never mind - i SALUTE U AND YOUR DAD - SEMPER FI

I have family members WHO served on Gudalicanal - in the Normandy Invasion - Flew the hump in Burma in those planes Rosey built - they saved this country for folks like your dad - some later served in Korea - a few Purple Hearts along the way - but by the Grace of God - they all came home - dang

YEAH I GET IT AND THE BIG PICTURE OF THIS COUNTRY - DANG - DIDN'T LOSE THE MEANING OF NOTHING SOME WHERE DANG

btw - great pictures -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts