Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I was going to head to the Rocky, the conditions there were shaping up nicely. At the last minute, I decided to head east. The water would be higher, but hopefully less crowded. Good thing I changed plans, the rain fell on the Rocky starting around 7am, and it blew out shortly after. I barely felt a drop.

It took me awhile to find fish, but when I did, I was on them. The size was excellent, I think I landed my longest steelhead. He has to be 32+.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Thanks guys! I hate to say it since recent events have SEVERELY curtailed my fishing opportunities, but the conditions I found were suggesting that the run is way ahead of schedule. Afternoon water temps were over 60. The fish were a mix of fresh and tired. I started the morning at a spot that I usually fish early in the run and have one good day there around the 3d week of March. After that, I pick up a fish or two. I hadn't had a good day there yet this year. So having only caught a single fish by noon, I moved to my "peak run" spot. The fish were there. That spot is usually hopping around the first two weeks in April. I think if you can get out, sooner is better than later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.