Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up several bass last night at a good little strip pit pond I get to fish usually about once a year. It's so brushy around it that kayak fishing is about the only way to attack it with fly gear. I got some decent video with the GoPro, maybe I can add that in a day or two.

Started off testing a new pattern:

It produced well, which I was honestly expecting. It looked too good to me to not catch fish.

I also slung topwaters on the 10wt a little, still trying to get used to the new rod (10wt BPS Heat fly rod, only 7'10" long). I caught several, lost a few, and got the best fish of the night on a foam topwater I tie with dual glass rattles under the hood.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Very nice! I was going to ask, the red on that minnow, is that sharpie or do you have a red synthetic material that is that bright that you're wrapping in there?

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! I was going to ask, the red on that minnow, is that sharpie or do you have a red synthetic material that is that bright that you're wrapping in there?
It's Sharpie. I have made the long fiber streamer brushes a solid color so far. I am going to start mixing some other colors together soon to get some different shades and mixes going. For the shad color I used gray Sharpie over the back, red for the throat/gills, and black for the dot.

I'd do a video on this streamer pattern, but...uh...I may have potentially dropped my camcorder in a sink full of water soaking my fly reels after a salt outing a few weeks back. :whistle::irked:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts