Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No this isn't another good morning thread to Geezer. This is just me saying good morning which is rare. I have insomnia quite bad and generally I fall asleep between 5 am and 9 am. I know. A lot of people ask how can I hunt like that?! Well generally I hope the deer are night owls and coming out at 5 or 6 pm :D.. Well last night I slept good for the first time in a long time. Was asleep around midnight. Woke up at 5:30 and I was like what the heck. Awesome..

So I got up was walking by 6 and took my binoculars and went to see the morning world. I was only out for about 45 minutes and I was within 40 yards of a good 6 point. He's gonna be awesome if he can survive a couple years. Really tall rack already. Shoots almost straight up. Perfectly balanced. I was within 10 yards of a group of turkeys. I saw them from about 200 yards down just off the road and the poults just kind of hung out.

Walked up on a small raccoon who was fishing in the creek. Sorry I didn't get to ask what test he was using as he ran into the woods. Must not have had his license. Then I saw a few more does and a good snapper..

Hope no one else has insomnia issues because the morning is pretty cool! Now let's just hope i can keep a good sleep pattern up til hunting season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts