Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is hearing the toms gobble yet. I havn't so far. I have seen alot of sign in the woods but no sound. Just can't wait for the season to start. Good luck & happy hunting.:)

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I have been out and haven't heard anything. It's too early.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info folks I had a man in church Sunday tell me that he has herd some. I think he is full of something. I have not herd any ether. He my but all the folks I talk to in the area say the same as you folks do not a thing.I have seen alot on the farm on the move. Can wait tell season. Thanks;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
You'll here some gobbles as early as Feb., but only before flydown. They'll gobble very little on the ground. Give it a couple of weeks and they'll become a lot more vocal. If we were to get some warm weather, they'd really turn on.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
i hear them gobbling about every year during bowseason...i think its a lost call because they gobble and run erratically,very fast while craining there necks(rubber necking) ...

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I'm hearing a owl hooting ,but no gobbles yet.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm heading to Morgan co. at first light to hit the ponds and scout birds. I hope to hear a few gobblers. Just primed my slate call with a little steel wool. Still sounds a bit rusty. Ill be ready come April. Man, I love spring!

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey guys i went to adams co this morning. they were going nuts from fly-down untill 45 mins after daybreak. sounds like a good season for us (hunters) and bad luck for the birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i was in a hurry earlier so i didn't get to tell you guys everything. right off the roost we had 4 jakes and 2 toms fly down and walk away choking on themselves gobbling so much. then we walked to our next set up spot but before we could get there we were cut off by THE BOSS with what sounded like 3 or 4 hens cutting. so in other words we had a greeeaaat morning. hope everyone has this much LUCK scouting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts