Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else getting excited about squirrel and rabbit season getting closer. I cant wait. It happens every year about this time for me. Me and my hunting buddy got our kids beagle pups this year so cant wait to get them out with the old dog and watch them learn. My kids are just as excited as me and there all girls (3). The oldest is 8yrs. Old...
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine hope everybody has a safe and fun season..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes sir! I love small game season. Almost as fun as deer. Love me some smoked squirrel

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir! I love small game season. Almost as fun as deer. Love me some smoked squirrel

I love squirrel too. Ill have to try it in smoker this year that sounds good. I usually just grill it..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I love squirrel too. Ill have to try it in smoker this year that sounds good. I usually just grill it..

Take and smoke it with charcoal and put apple wood chips in the charcoal. Then put it in the oven. Talk about some good eatin

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Take and smoke it with charcoal and put apple wood chips in the charcoal. Then put it in the oven. Talk about some good eatin

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

RGJZ06

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sounds good thanks for the tips ill try that this year.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i see a lot of squirrels from my treestand...and its givin me a lil idea...i really dont hunt them but would like to start...this yr.before deer season take the climber out ...set up somewhere and hunt squirrel from the stand with my bow...i've missed several over the yrs.but came very close each time...i've had chances at hundreds but didnt shoot because i was deer hunting...i'd think by going out and just hunting the squirrels from the stand before deer season would produce a lot of shots and a kill or two...maybe...:what you think...D

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i see a lot of squirrels from my treestand...and its givin me a lil idea...i really dont hunt them but would like to start...this yr.before deer season take the climber out ...set up somewhere and hunt squirrel from the stand with my bow...i've missed several over the yrs.but came very close each time...i've had chances at hundreds but didnt shoot because i was deer hunting...i'd think by going out and just hunting the squirrels from the stand before deer season would produce a lot of shots and a kill or two...maybe...:what you think...D
I thought about doin this myself

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I too am looking forward to opening day of squirrel and dove seasons. Rabbit too of course as it is threatening to jump to first place as my favorite kind of hunting but it's not quite there yet (spring turkey season is still #1). But since it doesn't come in until November I haven't really thought about it much. The last few days have been so stinkin' hot that I haven't even been able to let the beagles run rabbits. Actually as I am sitting here sweltering in my non-air conditioned old farm house this evening, it is hard thinking about doing anything outside. Plus I own a vegetable farm and we have had unprecedented damage from groundhogs this summer so I have been busy with that. Keeps my mind off the squirrels and rabbits. :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I thought about doin this myself

prolly just use the climber...not any of my deer spots...could be interesting...just might get lucky an see a thutty point buck...but i can combine my scoutin with it...git out there real early in my stan with my bow just like i'm deer huntin...no doubt there will be squirrels every where or the thutty point at 15 yds broadside :Dmaybe i get lucky an slay one(squirrel)...got my huntin license today...i'm ready...look out squirrels!!!:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Anybody else getting excited about squirrel and rabbit season getting closer. I cant wait. It happens every year about this time for me. Me and my hunting buddy got our kids beagle pups this year so cant wait to get them out with the old dog and watch them learn. My kids are just as excited as me and there all girls (3). The oldest is 8yrs. Old...
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine hope everybody has a safe and fun season..
I haven't hunted small game much ...always wanted to but ive neva been much of a gun hunter always preferring the bow and arrow ...but reading this stuff really gets me more motivated.I plan to go after em wit the bow ...uh ...I gots my hunting license ready to roll one ...

:D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts