Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys it is finally march, and april is up next so it is geting closer to good cattin weather...I usually do fairly well on Channels in april..Flatheads from late April till mid June before the spawn....So if we can hold out a little while longer we will have something to talk about....Lets hope for a warm spring with no floods.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
yes its gettin feeshin time,walmart is gearin up...usually for me its bass in march an april,may then i work into the river catching those channel cats and river cats.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yep

I'm all set, of course I always am !
I did have to have the boat in the shop for a few days & I got my last St Croix musky/cat rod. I went with the 7' as the 7' 6" was actuually only about 3-4" longer & that was in the handle. From the reel seat to the tip it's only about an inch difference & $10.00 less too. That gives me 2 pairs, and will transport better in the boat. Gives me 2 of the 7-6 and 2 of the 7-0 I have a 8' Classic cat & a 6'9" Avid series rod too. Now they will alternate in the rod racks nice, better to not have all the same size.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
C'mon Mother Nature!! Pay the heat bill already!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
i'm lookin forward to striper too at the mouth of the hocking where it dumps into the ohio...and of course big ole rivercats and channels...the ponds at the campground has nice bass so that purty well covers the table

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm pretty much too excited to sit still anymore, sitting at work daydreaming about catfishing. lOL yup, channel cats are already starting to hit in the big river. Crappies are starting too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My pond is starting to de-ice. Only a little more to go. HOPEFULLY I can get some shad today.....river what is up a bit, 2' higher than when I was there last and that was only 4 days ago! I have two days off in a row next week....if the weather holds out I know where I'll be...those late march channel cats!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully mid march this year:eek:

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
well i'm hoping to tangle with a reel big one this year...i am working on a good heavy duty outfit with a clicker ...i have a couple penns i might set up on big cat poles...i don't know bout shad for bait but might try blue gill if they are legal...i tried to get a couple more penns at the auction but got outbid,maybe next time...look out you big channel and rivercats,im coming to get you!!!

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Thats a great place to fish george. You will catch some very nice channels in that areas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts