Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stretching and cleaning my fly line today. every winter I promise myself to fish the Mad more, but never make it out- various reasons and I wimped out again this year. I have reorganize (but NEVER cleaned) out my vest. It's a forever process of getting rid of what I don't need and adding what I do. And I always some how have more junk than last year. Any body buying new gear or trying new things this year. I've finally broke down and bought a system to carry my rod on the car so I don't have to break it down every time I change locations.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You mentioned a system to carry your rod on the car with out breaking down the rod.Can you add a little more to that for me?
I have a 11'3" 3 pc rod that is a pain when moving around.Sure would be nice to leave it together.
thanks
jeff

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
New gear

I'm looking at getting a couple new toys this year. I'm getting an Ott lite for my birthday this spring and hope to get a pair of breathable waders this summer. I'm planning on the new Simms G3's if I can keep my wife from having a coronary at the price. Whe I showed them to her all she could say was "but they're $400 dollars!...but they're $400 dollars!...but they're $400 dollars!..." I'm pleading my case that I won't need two pair of waders anymore. We'll see....:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you won out!! I took a few hits when I bought mine 2 years ago- but it was really worth it. I abuse the heck out mine. Dry 'em in the back of the truck, throw 'em on the porch, always kneeling on rocks etc.. These are a good buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts