Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been in awhile. I'm sure there a couple that are glad. Lol. I was diagnosed back in February with
a rare incurable liver disease. It is called PSC. PSC is the same illness that took the life of Walter Payton. Doctors do not know the cause and they have no cure. The only real treatment is a liver transplant. I am maintaining a positive attitude but know that my life has changed dramatically. My main prayer every night is to see my 6 month old daughter grow up. Right now I feel pretty good. I have more good days than bad and plan on being in the woods this fall.
Lately I have been thinking about organizing a fundraiser for a non profit group that funds research for PSC. This group has been a life saver for me. It has been great talking to people that have the same deal. It helped me to realize that I still have a life to live. Now I want to give back. I have read about kids as young as 1 with this same disease. What I would like to do is hold A sporting goods raffle in conjunction with a wild game supper that is held locally in the fall. My question is, Where do I start? How do I go about getting things to raffle off? I am hoping some one on here has had experience with something like this. I really want to help. The research may not save me. I just hope that it can help somebody down the road. Thanks folks!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
22,520 Posts
Sorry to hear about your illness and we wish you the best-

Can't help too much-but I would check the State of Ohio laws on this and make sure you legally are set up for this. Here's the website

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ProfessionalSolicitorRegistration

The raffle-printing of tickets-and the day to day promoting is not that hard with a group of people and good promotion-I just would make sure you have followed the laws in the state and set it up properly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I never ever thought about the legalities if something like this. I know the group that I would be donating to is a certified non profit group. I will have to make a call on Monday. The last thing I need is to end up in jail. Then again.. I would have free health care in jail. Lol. I see a lot of gun raffles for charity around here so I imagine there has to be way. Thanks again.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts