Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to try jump shooting some rabbits this morning. Ended up killing 3. All 3 came out of the same brushy wood lot. Thick stuff. I had the Modified choke in my new Browning A5 sweet sixteen. Needed IC. But I did kill one myself. They held tight tight. I also made a great dead center shot on a tree this morning :LOL:. Good way to spend a couple hours.
Sunglasses Wood Asphalt Road surface Workwear

23,102 Posts
Looks good!!!! Ahhh, the good old days. I went out to the sportsman club and walked about 4 miles today in about 2 hours and found one tree line where I saw some bunny sign and tracks. Kicked one up and as he ran behind some trees, I no longer had a shot. Not many tracks or sign like it use to be.

In the good old days, there were Rabbit's just about everywhere and getting at least a couple each time I went out was the norm. The good news is that I found one new spot with at least one rabbit and it was a nice day to get out....

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Wood

· Registered
4 Posts
I got two with my friends 22 air rifle, he got three. We cheated, and sat at his picnic table. He lives way out in the middle of nowhere. Bunny's everywhere!! I really like his air rifle. I couldn't afford the one he has. He shoots in competition matches. My shoulder is a mess, I tried a 20 gauge and it still beat me up.
I am going to start using my old Springfield bolt action single shot.
I can't remember the last time we we chased rabbits. We used just sit tight and throw a fist sized rock into a thicket or wood pile. Worked pretty darn good for a couple of guys without a dog.
We did something similar to that for Grouse, sneak in and be quite, then throw a small stone. They would start bobbing their head and then get spooked and fly, Bingo!
We only hunted Pheasant when there was snow on the ground, we would just follow their tracks in the snow. Always worked out for us.

· Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This snow has me itching to get out!!!

Reactions: bluedog
1 - 9 of 9 Posts