Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Neither have I and its killin' me missing this weather! I had open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve on Aug 4th, but doc said I should be shooting my bow by mid-late Oct. Getting close...stands are ready...and I have one giant on cam 8hrs after turning it on! Sure am enjoying this weather though!!

Reactions: bluedog and jethro

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Neither have I and its killin' me missing this weather! I had open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve on Aug 4th, but doc said I should be shooting my bow by mid-late Oct. Getting close...stands are ready...and I have one giant on cam 8hrs after turning it on! Sure am enjoying this weather though!!
I’m glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery. I had open heart March of 2020 to repair an ASD and repair my tricuspid valve and replace my mitral valve all compromised by the ASD. Your recovery is remarkable….I was still working on walking 2 months out of my surgery!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
More like "From the ground blind" for me as well. Oh, I might be able to climb up again a time or two over the next year or so but since becoming much more feeble I have learned that they can see me just fine on approach when I'm in the tree, but not at all in the ground blind. It's not that the mom's and kids mind. And it is fun to watch them.

Reactions: bluedog

·
Registered
740 Posts
I’m glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery. I had open heart March of 2020 to repair an ASD and repair my tricuspid valve and replace my mitral valve all compromised by the ASD. Your recovery is remarkable….I was still working on walking 2 months out of my surgery!! Congrats!!
Thank you...my procedure sounds like a walk in the park compared to yours!
I am very fortunate. I wasn't your typical heart patient, no underlying conditions, active, I work out heavy (bench over 300lbs), and my heart works normal. My aortic valve has been stiffening, stenosis, for the past 5-6yrs and got bad enough in the past 12 months that the doc said it was urgent that it gets fixed. Why...we dont know? I also had a small aneurysm on my aorta that got repaired. I got the mini version so my incision is only 4" long. I was ahead of the recovery schedule literally right out of surgery. Now...I just want/need tree time!!

·
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More like "From the ground blind" for me as well. Oh, I might be able to climb up again a time or two over the next year or so but since becoming much more feeble I have learned that they can see me just fine on approach when I'm in the tree, but not at all in the ground blind. It's not that the mom's and kids mind. And it is fun to watch them.
Yep, any way you can make observations on what you're seeing works for me!

Reactions: jethro

·
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you two have come through your surgeries. I've been living with a 4.8 cm ascending aortic aneurysm for 8 years, Doc says as long as it's stabilized to leave it alone. Hopefully by the time they have to do anything it will be a mini or a through the arm surgery.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sitting in a blind after sitting in a stand this morning. Did have a pair of grey fox under the stand but no deer. Maybe this afternoon will be better.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Glad you two have come through your surgeries. I've been living with a 4.8 cm ascending aortic aneurysm for 8 years, Doc says as long as it's stabilized to leave it alone. Hopefully by the time they have to do anything it will be a mini or a through the arm surgery.
Through the arm or a mini would be so much better…modern medicine is pretty amazing!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went out twice this weekend two different locations. Pickaway county saw absolutely NO deer, did an evening hunt there, so i was there mid day to sun down. I had two young kids attempt to hunt? I say that because they were in street clothes one had a compound bow and they were both smoking.

The other was Vinton county, saw two deer (both doe) walking to one of my 4 spots. I think someone took a shot at them they were moving and fast across my path. That was the only deer I saw.

·
Super Moderator
3,126 Posts
Got skunked in the rain this morning in Columbiana Co. Moved to a new stand. Wind isn't great for any of my stands.

Reactions: bluedog
1 - 20 of 65 Posts