Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it’s time to get this one started again, What are you seeing, observations on mast, any fresh rubs or scrapes or anything else you want to chime in on!

·
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything looks great my way, both soft and hard mast are loaded.

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
We have 3 Asian pear trees in our back yard and this is the first year they all 3 produced. I’ve been stealing some and putting them out at a few of my stands. Wife picks them along with wild berries and makes a killer crumb pie. They are sweet like apples.

Reactions: Maggie

·
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like this is the year of the Chestnut acorns around me, so many falling right now it sounds like it's raining, other oaks have a few falling, but not much on them compared to the chestnut acorns.

Reactions: jethro

·
Registered
198 Posts
Walnuts and Northern Pecans are dropping fast this week. Sounds like bigfoot is on the loose down there.

Reactions: Siman08/OH

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I hunted opening weekend and have not been out since. Not like me...but the freezer still holds quite a bit of venison from last year and I hate hunting in warm weather. This weather stinks! My plan is to give it one more week then get after them. The good news is my spots sure are not over pressured, at least by me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Been stuck in Hawaii and Yosemite so I havnt got to sit the stand yet, jealous of you dudes and dudettes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you gotta be stuck... Hawaii would be my choice. I did 9 days on Maui in July. Amazing place!

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Been stuck in Hawaii and Yosemite so I havnt got to sit the stand yet, jealous of you dudes and dudettes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds absolutely terrible 😆 🌊 🏝 🏔

·
Super Moderator
3,060 Posts
Out for the first time. Spooked a bunch on the way in. One large bodied smelly buck. Quiet since sun up.

Reactions: Maggie

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Our Fruit trees are loaded this year in southern Ohio also and Im starting to see a lot of Acorns
Same here in PA, but it tends to spread the game far and wide when we have years like this. Great for wildlife not as good for the hunter. Soon as the acorns started falling in August the deer started to stay back or spread out. Stopped seeing them.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I've finally found a little time here and a little time there to get my new arrows sighted in and then practice at different yardages too. One last session this evening. Maybe after this next 2 days of rain pulls through, I'll be able to officially join this thread. 😊

2 old arrows and 3 new arrows at 20 yards.
Cartoon Art Grass Font Plant

1 - 20 of 22 Posts