close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

From the blind

Discussion in 'Ohio Waterfowl Hunting' started by Tritonman, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Going to kick off live updates. 4 minutes till we declare a no fly zone. Geese spooked off big swamp. Good luck. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1508586873.591536.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Deehntr56 and Bryan six like this.
  2. A lot of birds this morning. First flight was good but 8:30 and on was better. They wanted to be on our swamp where the oaks are. First time he had to wait on me for my limit. Proud of his shooting and setting the spreads. Tomorrow all three of us will be out. College football time!!!! ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1508598229.424765.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1508598252.658787.jpg

3. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Looks like so much fun!! That's something I have never got to do!! The duck hunters are very few and far between in Athens!! Always looks like it would be so much fun!! One of these days I'll have to give it a go!!!

Tritonman likes this.
  4. Bryan six

The dog looks content!!! He was probably more anxious to go than any of you guys!!!

Tritonman likes this.
  5. Could you also post what kinda of ducks ya get by name. For us fellas who are not duck privy... May have to by a stamp and try this someday?Anyhow congrats...

Tritonman and Bryan six like this.
  6. Oh and what the limits are... per duck... I know I could look it up. But.. you could educate us lol.

Tritonman and Bryan six like this.
  7. Bryan six

Sure I'm up for some duck schooling!!!

Tritonman and cambridgezowie like this.
  8. Great post, congrats!

Tritonman likes this.
  9. Thanks all. Cz those are wood ducks. Four drakes and two hens. Your allowed 3 wood ducks doesn't matter the sex. 4 mallards only one can be a hen and so on. A total of 6 ducks. That's bout all we shoot along with some late season black ducks. Bryan that's Remi she did a real nice job today. Cz here's what the division puts out. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1508610082.808966.jpg

10. Day 2 and the weather is a carbon copy of day 1. Have both boys this morning. What a fine morning indeed!!

Bryan six likes this.
  11. Bryan six

How did you guys do this morning TM???

Tritonman likes this.
  12. Jumped on the tractor and forgot to post my live updates. Lol. We shot 4 woodies and a mallard. A little slower than yesterday so we made sure the shots counted. Absolute best part was my 13 year old duck nut shot the mallard. I'm so happy for him. Not his first but since he got all his decoys for Christmas he's been waiting to shoot one over his own spread. And when I jumped on the tractor he cleaned all the birds without taking pics first. Lol. So no pics today. Will give it a another go here in a few minutes.

13. Oh and this happened this morning. I squeezed the trigger and a huge flash came out of the ejection port. The BBs rolled out the muzzle and the wad was stuck in the barrel. That's unburnt powder and buffering laying in the receiver. I have no idea why. But now the bolt will not shut all the way. Stripped it all the way down and everything looks fine. Something is definitely wrong. The bolt wasn't closed when it fired. Red tagged! Anybody hear of this?
    It's a 12 gauge browning gold hunter semi auto with 3" winchester super steel. Glad I was in the corner of the blind. Forgot to add, it was my second shot. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1508724753.900419.jpg

14. There's only one explanation............. It's a Browning Gold. Hahahaha Just kidding man, gotta get my jabs in when I can on the Browning guys, being a Beretta man myself. Definitely glad nobody was hurt. Most likely ammo related.

There's nothing better than a good waterfowl hunt, absolutely nothing. I'd trade any day in a deer stand for a good day in a layout blind. I'm a South Zone hunter so we've got Oct. 21 thru Nov 5th then it's out. Second split on geese runs Nov. 23 thru Feb 10 and second split duck runs Dec. 16 thru Jan 28.

Tritonman likes this.
  15. No I get it. I got rid of my browning gold waterfowl after the 2nd season of using it. Should of sold this one too. Bought this one in 1997 before an Iowa trip. It was a real heavy single shot then too. Thought I worked the problems out. Going after a franchi intensity tonight for the boy. He mowed and split a lot this year and I want my benelli back. Lol

R. Toker likes this.
  16. The Franchi is probably one of the best buys for the $$. My better half bought me a Beretta A350 Xtrema 3.5" semi auto for Christmas last year. It's also awesome for the $. I have an AL390, AL391 Urika2 and the A350 Xtrema. I've never had one failure in any of them from 2 3/4" target loads up to the 3" and 3.5" duck, goose and turkey loads.

David Pauff and Tritonman like this.
  17. Anyone have a good receipe for coots??