Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my catch I got tonight

Theres 21 there. That makes me a total of 54 for the season..
Lets see all of yalls frogs!
OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
it was so fun years ago...before there was a season...we used to get burlap bags full of them and theyd all be et before the morn...:biggrin:at first we gigged them using a canoe...then me and a buddy started really getting them with our recurves...one would shine and the other shoot...we took turns...loads of fun and very good eating later...half the town knew when we frog hunted and many were there at my buddies house when we came in with the frogs...everybuddy loved eatin frogs...:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was so fun years ago...before there was a season...we used to get burlap bags full of them and theyd all be et before the morn...:biggrin:at first we gigged them using a canoe...then me and a buddy started really getting them with our recurves...one would shine and the other shoot...we took turns...loads of fun and very good eating later...half the town knew when we frog hunted and many were there at my buddies house when we came in with the frogs...everybuddy loved eatin frogs...:biggrin:
We have been wantin to shoot them with recurves. Sounds fun. We wade for them wherever we can go. we either take a stringer or a string sack that goes on your back. Last few nights we hit over 20 frogs each night and didnt take one under 10 inches

·
5,040 Posts
Heres my catch I got tonight

Theres 21 there. That makes me a total of 54 for the season..
Lets see all of yalls frogs!
FROG SEASON- Frog season is open from 6 p.m. the second Friday in June through April 30. Only bullfrogs and green frogs may be legally taken. Not more than 15 (singly or in combination) may be taken or possessed at any time. Frogs may not be shot except with a longbow and arrow. :whistle::whistle:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FROG SEASON- Frog season is open from 6 p.m. the second Friday in June through April 30. Only bullfrogs and green frogs may be legally taken. Not more than 15 (singly or in combination) may be taken or possessed at any time. Frogs may not be shot except with a longbow and arrow. :whistle::whistle:
Are you sayin that takin more than 15 frogs at a time when there was three people with three gigs together?

·
5,040 Posts
Are you sayin that takin more than 15 frogs at a time when there was three people with three gigs together?

Not a problem if you have three people,
Heres my catch I got tonight when you posted this at the top of your thread it looks like you got 21 frogs!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a problem if you have three people,
Heres my catch I got tonight when you posted this at the top of your thread it looks like you got 21 frogs!
No it was me, my brother and a buddy that went out.
We ran into a hell of a mess when we walked into a snake nest!

·
Registered
146 Posts
froggen at grand river

went out three times the past week and limited out all times, all nice size ones , one taped out at 14 inches, some nice legs on the big boys, heading out on monday nite to a new marsh, the first one i worked is getting thinned out, i wonder why?lol...
will try getting a pic posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went out three times the past week and limited out all times, all nice size ones , one taped out at 14 inches, some nice legs on the big boys, heading out on monday nite to a new marsh, the first one i worked is getting thinned out, i wonder why?lol...
will try getting a pic posted.
We had one last year that taped out at 17 inches

·
Registered
776 Posts
Do you boys ever get the fly rods out? I used to put a piece of red flannel on a bare hook and dangle it in front of them. You talk about some fun.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you boys ever get the fly rods out? I used to put a piece of red flannel on a bare hook and dangle it in front of them. You talk about some fun.
Ive done the.same but instead of flannel I would put peice of a plastic worm on the hook. Its alot quicker and easier to gig though

·
Registered
146 Posts
We had one last year that taped out at 17 inches

thats one of them swamp people frogs they get some big ones down there, went to a new spot the other nite and got half a limit it was rough not as many big ones there like i thought ..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats one of them swamp people frogs they get some big ones down there, went to a new spot the other nite and got half a limit it was rough not as many big ones there like i thought ..
Haha this swamp we go to is full of em that size. I want to try some new spots.so I dont dry this swamp up but it has me spoiled. Haha

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I wanna try it so bad! I never see enough when im shooting fish to make it worth killing them too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wanna try it so bad! I never see enough when im shooting fish to make it worth killing them too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Your only aloud shootin em with a long bow. I think its a stupid law myself but what I think dont matter

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Compound is a long bow.

I am definitely going to start looking for them this week. Gonna hit a golf course this evening to see if I can find them.

Recipes anybody?

Also, gonna head out to grab a gig today. What type of headlamp do you guys use? I have heard that the LED ones aren't so good. Any brand suggestions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
wed nite at grand river

went out to a new marsh -pond the other nite and had my limit by 11pm, pretty good spot ,lots of youngins for nxt year , cooked up this batch , tasty...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Compound is a long bow.

I am definitely going to start looking for them this week. Gonna hit a golf course this evening to see if I can find them.

Recipes anybody?

Also, gonna head out to grab a gig today. What type of headlamp do you guys use? I have heard that the LED ones aren't so good. Any brand suggestions?
I use my **** light. Its a 21 volt. The brighter the better because the brightness stuns them like a dear

1 - 19 of 19 Posts