Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any has ever planted a food (1/2-3/4 acre) in the middle of a corn field? It would seem to me that it would work very well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
I like the idea a LOT, but not for the middle of a field. However, if you picked a spot adjacent to a woods then I think it would be a good idea. I would definitely want to be in a tree over looking the plot. You're thinking outside the box again TF. ;)

·
22,520 Posts
I'm surprsied this isn't a "poll":p:biggrin:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not really a "new" idea but like someone said, not IN the corn but adjacent to it. Ive seen videos and know of people that either own land or get permission from a farmer to do a small plot between the woods and the corn. Its a place where the deer feel safe as they are screened by the corn so they are likely to come to it during daylight hours.

·
Registered
16,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd bet if you planted a 1/2 acre plot in the middle of a 40 acre corn filed that you'd have a good thing. This is assuming you have deer in the area. It would even be better if you placed it next to a small wood lot in the middle of the field. I've always said that if you have a wood lot in the middle of a corn field that only good would come from it. Just imagine if you added a clover plot too.

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Who has a woodlot in the middle of a cornfield? And a food plot?!? That would be deer utopia for sure :thumbs_up:

All I ever see anymore is woodlots, trees and fence rows getting destroyed for "progress" :(

·
Registered
16,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife's uncle has a lot like that. When the corn was standing it was tore up with sign and I killed a nice buck in it the first time I hunted it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts