Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the Beavercreek, OH area and was looking for some place to take a 13 year old boy fishing (that has never been before). I am unfamiliar with the area and I am not looking to have anyone give up their secret fishing spot. I just want to take the boy fishing from shore using bait & bobber (the way I was taught) and catch some pan fish. Can another Dad out there give me some advice where to take him, so he can catch his first fish? I don't mind driving a little ways to make sure he can catch something, but I really don't know the area. I am from Virginia and there's not much fishing down here.

Thanks in advance!

Just-Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that lake on Google maps. Looks pretty big. Is there a certain area/side that has good fishing from shore with bait & bobber? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go across the lake to the dock and cast about 4 or 5 feet out use grub worms. He will catch all the Blu gill he can handle. good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
take the boy fishing!

You could also try the little miami river over by 35 where it crosses under trebein. Might be good bobber fishing. Also I fish Caesars creek alot, beautiful lake. One of my favorite coves (where I see people do good bank fishing) Is just north of the bridge on east side. On google maps satelite image you will see a pump house out in the water and i think off of old 73 there is a place to park where they access the pump house with a short walk down to the lake. There is also a youth pond that they stock at the park area of caesars creek.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

I just returned from Afghanistan (once again) and thank you all for your tips on where to take him fishing. I very much appreciate all the help!

I will be back up in Ohio next week and I look forward to taking him fishing!

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go across the lake to the dock and cast about 4 or 5 feet out use grub worms. He will catch all the Blu gill he can handle. good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts