Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Fishing Boats...

5K views 60 replies 20 participants last post by  Doctor 
#1 · (Edited)
What kind of fishing boats do you guys have? I have a Lowe 16 ft. 70 inch wide Jon boat. The name of my boat is called " Mud Shark". It has a live well and had the factory put a floor in it to cover the ribs, even up on the sides. I'm now putting in rod holders, eight in all. I built a place in the front for my trolling motor. I use it to bowfish and take the kids or friends out fishing. ;)

#5 ·
i've got a 14' sea star.it's got a 20h.p. johnson on the back and a minn kota power drive on the bow.i like that trolling motor because of the 18'cord on the foot control that lets me run it from the back when i need to.i put a hummingbird 400tx fishfinder with dual transducers on it and it does the job for me.
i'm seriously looking at something in the 16 to 18 foot range this spring.i just want to be able to take my family out with me.

#9 ·
Nice boats guys!!

I do have a 9.9 Nissan on mine too.

#10 ·
I've got a float tube. I use to have a 16 starcraft'I/O something or another. I bought it with my cousin, and then had twins and more bills than I thought I'd have. With the little fishing time I had I decided to sell my half to him. Some day there will be another. Momma said my next boat will have to be a pontoon, for the family, since I mainly catfish and fish lakes I think I can live with that.

Bill

#15 ·
Just need to practice. Best time is now, since no one is out at the docks.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Boat

I own a 2001 Smokercraft, 20 foot long 8 foot wide, powered with a 125 horse Mercury Saltwater series engine, Grayline 30 Gallon baitank for Shad, two 32 gallon livewells for Flatheads. Lowrance LMS 350-A with GPS. Six foot lite the night lite pole on the bow. Awesome river boat for fishing for flatheads on the Ohio river.

#23 ·
Looking for my 1st boat

I don't have a boat YET, but I've been lookin. I'm looking for a boat to take out on lake Erie and the inland lakes, ohio river. Something in the 17 to 20 ft range, Deep V. HEY mrfish/OH, do you take your boat out on lake Erie? It sure looks like a nice boat!

T

#26 ·
the new "tight-fit" IL I-Beater Boat

~ she underwent destruction by Raybob last fall & now is under re-construction & hopefully will be ready for the ~~~~~ by spring 2003 :)

she is a 86 Lund mr pike with a sound hull & the beam width I wanted & was not available new for my IL I-trollin' Req.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.