Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Boat

I own a 2001 Smokercraft, 20 foot long 8 foot wide, powered with a 125 horse Mercury Saltwater series engine, Grayline 30 Gallon baitank for Shad, two 32 gallon livewells for Flatheads. Lowrance LMS 350-A with GPS. Six foot lite the night lite pole on the bow. Awesome river boat for fishing for flatheads on the Ohio river.

Looking for my 1st boat

I don't have a boat YET, but I've been lookin. I'm looking for a boat to take out on lake Erie and the inland lakes, ohio river. Something in the 17 to 20 ft range, Deep V. HEY mrfish/OH, do you take your boat out on lake Erie? It sure looks like a nice boat!

T

the new "tight-fit" IL I-Beater Boat

~ she underwent destruction by Raybob last fall & now is under re-construction & hopefully will be ready for the ~~~~~ by spring 2003 :)

she is a 86 Lund mr pike with a sound hull & the beam width I wanted & was not available new for my IL I-trollin' Req.

I've yet to view Docs & Bro's fishin' machines live ~ hopefully one of these fine days. I at 1st thought I seen Doc's SmokerCraft @ the IL Catfish Tourney HQ last summer, but was told it was a different enterant & missed runnin' into Doc on the ~~~~~. Bro Rick is comin' up for the Hot-bite next year for a jump start & hopefully will have the Wave Blaster along for her to be blessed with some meat.

Cya Guys!
Ray

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Nice job on the boat erie!!;)

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Tell fishinchick to buy it for you for Christmas...:D

Shawn ...

In the mean time ya gotta have some Water-Wheels:eek: :cool:

There are some good deals around on 16-17' Alum rigs that can be used anywhere in Ohio, gettin' a good motor is always the Q. I like alum (rivet) for less hp to push it, wysiwyg, shallow draft, maint & multi use.

don't dream ~ jump-in & get your feet wet;)
my two cents & Hang a Hog in 2003!
Ray

Erie

When that water gets a little deeper up there at Indian I'll come up and take you out on my boat maybe you can show me where I can go to find a little deeper water than 4-5 foot, Man that lake beat the tar out of my prop, every 20 foot bang, another stump, we hit just about everything up there, I'm not sure if we are going to come back up there and fish that tournament in the boat again or not, maybe do the shore thing in 2003 .............Doc

Doc ...

No Problem, let me know ahead of time .. I am curious to what area/shallow flat you got into .. Kim got into a problem in the old Northside ski area this fall with low water, but I use tilt & slow down without even thinkin' about it when in Haz areas .. never dinged a prop this year, but backed into one last year leaving a tieup with the engine down :-( .. like i mentioned to er e is on gfo, just be ready to punch no#s & you'll have enough slots/holes to last you weeks along with any nav Qs you have.

The lake is back up to normal winter pool over the last few weeks. They keep her a lil' low because of ice damage & wall repairs in the winter

Nice lookin renovation Ray....might have some questions for ya:)

I've got a 14' Troller, 66" beam, 9.9 merc, 100SX Humminbird depth/fish finder; trolling motor....gets me to my bankspots and around Buckeye Lake with the daughter :)

RRbski

There not showing up, says photo not available due to maintenance, try back later, they may have your site down at the present time, they did me that way last night, I was working on the website, and had a bunch of new stuff, went to save it, boom all gone, Angelfire has done that several times, now I'm starting to do it on Frontpage then load up the whole thing since I have Roadrunner, never thought about it before, had dial-up since 1998.........Doc

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.