close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish On!!!

Discussion in 'Cold Water Species Fishing' started by Bawana, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

Two days on the Pere Marquette! Least amount o fish I've ever saw on the river. fished Friday and ended up putting three fish to the net, had about 10-15 on for the day, that was for 3 guys. Main problem seems to be the drought! water levels are still low, begging for rain. They have been getting some and I think GM is going to hit it about right. Saturday we fished an area downriver, Prior to lunch we landed one fish and had a total of about 5-6 hits. Must have been the sausage our guide (DJ) fed us, because after lunch we had the most phenomenal fishing I've ever had on the Pere! In the next three hours we landed 15 fish and probably had at least that many more on along with hits on probably close to every other cast. All the fish were "fresh" fish out of the lake and man did they fight. All this happened during three rain showers! By 3:30 we were begging for mercy! I joked on the way home that I think my shoulder is going to be too sore to bowhunt next Saturday! Here's a few pics.
    DSCN2081.jpg

DSCN2091.jpg

DSCN2092.jpg

DSCN2077.jpg
    The last pic was of a double we landed, we had two doubles and one triple! This one particular double DJ landed both fish in the same net!

2. Man! some real nice fish,.

3. Wooo! Nice fish! In a month I'll be headed to NY for similar results, I hope :biggrin:

4. My man! Looks like an awesome trip. You guys got into some real toads. Thanks for the report. I'm trying to talk my brother into coming up too. The timing was perfect. Be sure to ice down the shoulders and forearms. ;)

5. It doesn't get any better than that :thumbs_up:

6. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

7. Lance

Lance Super Mod Mod

Sweet! One of these years I'm going to have to break down and do a salmon trip in September. Thanks for sharing. :)

8. Tremendous fish, B-man. You aren't getting to old to wrassle those heavyweights, are you? Lol

9. He did pretty well with the fishing Duke. He was even spry enough to land one of mine in the net!

10. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

Not feeling too bad today! Shoulder and elbow starting to feel normal.....might even shoot the bow tonight!

11. Don't forget to use the SCENTLESS BenGay rub in the field this weekend! :whistle: